Chapter 12: We Spar

After I talked to Chiron and the others in the Big House, Chiron suggested I practice my swords fighting with the others. I said okay, obviously.

We all headed down to the practice area. "So, do you want to spar again?" Annabeth asked.

"Sure." I said with the slightest smirk on my face.

"How did you beat me, just wondering." Annabeth asked. I knew that this was troubling her.

"You left your midsection opened." I said plainly.

She nodded and we continued walking. "I can show you, if you want, how to fight just like you already do but while also covering your midsection." I said.

She smiled and said "Sure." I was starting to like this girl more and more. I knew her and Percy had been dating since gods know how long. I didn't see a ring yet, though. Neither on Piper's or Hazel's fingers.

Anyways, we were now at the practice area. Annabeth unsheathed her dagger and started to circle around me. I unsheathed my own sword and followed suit.

"Ready?" She asked with her eyebrows raised.

I didn't answer her. I instead leapt forward, but made sure it was away from her slightly. She side stepped easily, thinking I played a lousy move. Instead, I used the air around me to twirl through the air and kick her flat in the chest.

She landed on the ground with a thud. I jumped on top of her and held my sword to her throat. I leaned close to her face and gave her a lopsided grin.

I wiggled my eyebrows and said "Yeah." She was in shock, I could tell that much.

"I'm only joking. I won't use powers today when you and I spar, I swear it on the river Styx." I said. Annabeth smiled sheepishly and stood up.

The others filed into the room at that moment.

"Ready?" Annabeth said.

I replied with "Yeah."

We circled each other for a while. Annabeth was trying to interpret what move I was going to make. I did what I usually did, I plastered on my poker face. She obviously disliked it when I did that, for it was impossible to read my expression that way. She took the first move. Annabeth tried to slice at my midsection. I hit the tip of her sword with the middle of my dagger, causing her to stagger backwards. "What move was that?" Annabeth asked in awe. "I made it up myself." I responded.

We continued to spar like that. Slice, jab, duck, stab, dodge, shuffle, and all the rest. I finally saw my opening. I kicked her ankle and she went down on one knee. I placed the tip of my sword under her chin. "I win." I said with a smirk. "I have to admit, you're good." She replied. She stood up and dusted off her knees and wiped her forehead.

"Can I spar with you, sis?" Percy asked. I took a deep breath and said "Sure."

"Can we use our powers?" I quickly added.

"Um...that's not really fair for you." Percy said in reply.

"Fine, I'll use only one of my godly parents powers. Your pick." I said.

Percy looked at Jason and said "You can use Zeus's powers." I hid my smile and said "Okay, sounds like a deal."

He smiled and got ready for battle, unsheathing the famous sword, Riptide. "Ready?" He asked. "Yup." I said, popping the 'p' at the end.

He jumped right in. Percy lifted all of the water in the pond that was near the practicing area. He tried to splash it all on me, but I deflected it with a board of wood. I held it floating in the air.

Once Percy realized his attempt at soaking me was futile, he let the water splash down. "You're strong." He said whilst wiping sweat off of his forehead.

I smirked and shot him square in the chest with a blast of wind. He fell onto his back with a loud thud. I started forward, but he stood up and started to slice at me. He sliced my cheek and I slashed his right bicep.

He jabbed at my side and I stabbed at his. We moved in sync with each other, so it was difficult to get a strike on him.

I finally backed away a few steps and summoned wind around me. I created a tornado around myself and shot it at Percy. He was sucked into the tornado. Percy started to scream while being thrown around. Annabeth looked like she was ready to jump out from behind Jason and Frank to strangle me. I finally stopped the tornado, and just before Percy hit the ground, I stopped him I made him stand upwards. Once his feet landed on the ground, he fell over from being dizzy. I strode over to him and placed my sword under his chin. "I win." I said again.

He started to laugh. Perseus Jackson just lost a battle to his little sister and he was laughing. He surprises me sometimes. Percy grabbed my ankle and pulled me down next to him. I eventually started to laugh as well.

The others circled us. "I think they've gone crazy." Leo whispered.

They started to walk away, but I pulled Thalia down with us and Percy pulled Jason. Eventually we were all lying down on the ground laughing hysterically for no reason. It felt nice. I was with people I could call my family.

Now I see why Reyna didn't like it when people would come here. They would not return home.

Despite how much I liked it here, I couldn't stay after the battle. I knew that much.

I had to resume my position as praetor. Once I go back to Camp Jupiter, I will change it for the better. I will make it be on better terms with Camp Half-Blood. Maybe the two camps could have a festival once a year or something to keep the alliance and friendship alive.

Camp Jupiter and Camp Half-Blood will be friends one day. I knew that much.

How do I know that? I swore it on the River Styx.
OKAY YEA
that was chapter 12
let me know what you think in the comments!
keep voting please!
i appreciate it all guys!!
EIGHT votes for chapter 13!!
I SAW MOCKINGJAY
ASDFGHJKL;
IT WAS SO GOOD
I CAMT EVEN
seeing that movie inspired me to maybe start another story later on.
it's called "The Revolutioners"
here's the description:
We are in Panem.
Peeta Melark was just rescued from the Capitol along with Annie and Johanna.
Katniss and the others just discovered that Peeta had been tortured and brainwashed by the Capitol.
While all of this is happening in the Capitol and District 13, another group was rising in the center of District 3.
A girl of fourteen years has started another group.
They do not agree with the Capitol or District 13.
They call themselves the "Revolutioners"
They are fighting, not with arms, but with their words.
Words have more power than any gun, any cannon, or any arrow.
The leader of this group has rallied her "Revolutioners" together to tell the Capitol and District 13 to cease fire and to work things out without any more violence.
The leader of this group is young, but powerful. She is strong and talented with all types of weapons.
Her name?
Alessia Rosener.
[ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!]
tell me if you like it! idk if i should start it but if people will read it ill write it :)
~camp_hero