Ch.63 His True Goal

Start from the beginning

And then change from soul reaper into a normal human spirit."

He stops walking and looks back at Rukia.

"Don't you see? He wasn't trying to help you. He was actually making you human, so that he could hide his Hogyoku forever."

Rukia's eyes were wide during Aizen's monologue, but some how they became a bit wider.

"Fortunately, you were discovered a few months later. I immediately went to Central 46 and-"

"AIZEN!!!"

He was finally interrupted by the presence of another soul reaper captain.

A large...wolf man...stood tall over Aizen. Swinging his zanpakuto down, a large hand appears out of no where. Holding a large sword, it comes down on Aizen, breaking the ground underneath.

 Holding a large sword, it comes down on Aizen, breaking the ground underneath

I try to see through all the dust, but-"

"Gah!"

My head...it's hurting more than ever before. I collapse to the ground, my vision fading in and out until it was completely black.

Black surrounded my very being. I look around waiting for someone to say something, but I got nothing.

Get up! Come on, Emiko! Now is not the time to be doing something like this! Just get up! Please! You can't sleep now while others are facing complete danger! Let's go!

My eyes slowly open.

How long was I out?

Sitting up, I look around. The wolf captain was bleeding out on the ground, Orihime and the others had arrived at some point as well. However, Gin's amazing spiritual pressure was holding them down to the ground.

 However, Gin's amazing spiritual pressure was holding them down to the ground

It looks like I was out for a few minutes. So I didn't miss much.

Aizen faces Rukia.

"My apologies. I was in the middle of talking, wasn't I?"

I wish you'd stop.

"So Rukia, when I found you in the World of the Living, the first thing I did was assassinate all of Central 46.

You've probably heard something like this from Isane: "Sosuke Aizen faked his death to move secretly, and then he murdered all of Central 46." That was incorrect. I butchered them all as soon as we found you.

Then I used Kyoka Suigetsu in the central underground conference room to create the illusion of Central 46 still holding meetings, alive and well. So that even if someone intruded unexpectedly, they wouldn't notice anything wrong.

However, without permission from someone inside, not even captains may enter the conference room. So the three us took turns going inside the conference room. To play the role of Central 46 and giving out orders to achieve our goals.

To ensure your capture, I assigned the task of your retrieval to those in two in squad six. To keep you from becoming human, I ordered the immediate destruction of your Gigai. As to completely evaporate your soul, so that I could retrieve the Hogyoku inside you, I decided to use Sokyoku for your execution."

Because of him...Rukia would have died.

"The only times that we left the conference room unguarded, were the few hours before and after each of the two captains' meetings. I've been in that room ever since I faked my death. Because of the possibility of your execution failing."

"And it did fail." I managed to find the courage to speak up, giving him my icy cold glare. "So now what? You can't get it now."

Aizen finally looks my way for the first time.

"That's where you're wrong, my dear. You see, there are two ways to extract a foreign object implanted into a spiritual body. One can either use an intensively heated and highly destructive force, like the Sokyoku, to evaporate the outer shell of the spirit or...

Use some sort of special procedure that causes the spiritual body structure to break down and thus create an opening. If the Sokyoku plan failed, I would find another way."

Saying that last sentence, Aizen pulls a small metal tube from out of his uniform.

At the top, there was a small button.

"I needed full access to the Great Hall of Records inside the conference room, where reports of important events in the Soul Society are kept. I carefully researched everything that Kisuke ever did, because implanting foreign objects into a spirit is a technique he invented.

So naturally, the extraction procedure must also be hidden somewhere in his research records."

He clicks the button and some spike-like objects surface from the ground, surround both Aizen and Rukia.