"Why'd you even come back?"

Harry's POV

"HARRY GET UP ITS NEARLY 8:30! YOU ARE GONNA BE LATE ON YOUR FIRST DAY!" The annoying voice of my mother roared through the door.

"GET UP NOW! DONT MAKE ME-"

"IM UP!" I yelled back angrily. The banging stopped and so did her shouting. "How could I not be with your continuous LOUDNESS."

"Hurry up," she said quietly and I heard her footsteps begin to fade as she walked from outside my room. I sighed heavily and rolled out of my bed. Sluggishly I moved around the room finding pieces of clothing and throwing them on.

Fuck school, I thought. What's even the point? It's not like half the kids in there listen anyway.

Once I was reasonably dressed, I grabbed my book bag and my phone and shuffled downstairs. I could hear whispering from the kitchen.

".... I know, he's just so angry-"

"Mum, he must be in a hard place right now, with what happened last year. It's hard. Don't worry he'll come 'round."

"But how long, gems? I want my Harry back now. Not this-"

I leaned against the door frame with my ankles knotted together and my arms folded. "Morning." I said dryly, announcing my presence.

Gemma's head snapped up to me and she gave me a smile. "Morning, baby bro. Mum made you your favourite; pancakes," she pointed to the plate sitting beside her, "a way of saying 'good luck' I guess."

I walked to the fridge and took out the carton of orange juice, opened it, brought it to my mouth and chugged it down. I put the carton back on the shelf in the fridge and wiped my mouth with the back of my hand. "Thanks but I'm not hungry."

"Baby, come on, you need breakfast. Start the day off right and everything." My mum offered me a small smile which I did not return, instead I stride to the other side of the room and picked up my keys from the yellow bowl. "Whatever, I'm leaving. Bye."

"Good luck!" I hummed in response but did not acknowledge Gemma's words in any other form. I opened the front door to reveal a chilly autumn morning. As I stepped outside, I shivered as a gust of wind blew. Fuck this weather, I thought bitterly.

My phone buzzed as I got into my car with a message from my mum wishing me good luck, telling me that she loves me and asking what I want for dinner as a celebration for surviving school. I huffed, irritated. Stop patronising me, I screamed internally.

Putting the keys in ignition, I threw my phone onto the passenger seat and pulled out of my driveway.

The radio was on but I wasn't really listening to it, busy thinking of how this school year would pan out. Although I would barely admit to myself never mind anyone else, I was very anxious about school. I didn't want a repeat of last year. I couldn't deal with another last year. All the snide comments and occasional fights. It was too much.

I huffed as I saw the school car park come into view. The time read 8:53. At least I'm not late. That would be a bad way to start off the school term. As I pulled into a space, I noticed that there wasn't a great deal of people outside. Fucking brilliant I have to walk in and everyone will be in the bloody halls and then fuck who knows what will happen!

Looking in the mirror for the first time this morning I realised I didn't look the greatest. I reached into the backseat to find my beanie. I found a grey one. Well, it's gonna have to do, let's just get this over with.

Slowly, I ejected from my car grabbing my book bag and phone. Locking it up and turning my back to it. With every step I took, it brought me closer to Satan's second home and my anxiety grew in my chest to the point where I was breathless. You will not panic today you weak dumbass, I told myself over and over as the building came closer and closer. I climbed the short steps and pulled the door open.