"It Was A Surprise"

Harry's POV

"That was just horrible," Gemma laughed, stumbling out of the theatre. I ran forward to catch her before she fell. She straightened up, laughing. "Thanks, bro."

I hummed in response and unlocked my car. It was quiet cold, maybe 1 or 2 degrees. Maybe snow would come. Give me a reason to stay off school.

"Times it?"

She ruffled about her bag until she found her and I waited patiently while she turned it on. "Nearly 6 o'clock." I nodded and turned the car on. It immediately began to blow out cold air making both of us shiver.

"Um I know a little pizzeria around the corner? We could get take out there for dinner? If you want.."

"Sure." She gave me directions and I followed them onto a quaint little street with small cafés and coffee shops. It was cute. But I'd never seen or heard of it before. "How'd you find out about this place?"

"After a night out with my mates I kinda stumbled around a bit and found this, I was really hungry so I got a pizza and it was just heaven," she said checking her makeup in the mirror. "Ok, what do you want?"

"Just whatever you're getting."

She nodded and jumped out of the car, running into the pizzeria out of the rain. I turned the radio up and waited for her return.

15 minutes later she came running out with 3 boxes and a plastic bag in hand. She opened the door and flung herself, slamming the door shut once she was inside. "Fuck it's cold." I chuckled softly and pulled out of the car park.

A comfortable silence fell between us as we both listened the radio. 10 minutes passed and then a bleeping activated on my car. "What the..?"

"What's wrong?" Gemma asked, sounding bored and tired.

The car halted to a stop and I sighed. Looking out the window to check the weather, it was heavily raining an dark clouds were coming this way which could mean thunder. Great. "Car broke down."

"You joking? Fuck!"

"Nope," I said unbuckling my seat beat and opening my door. "I'll be back in a sec." I hoped out of the car and into the cold air. The water droplets fell to my skin, making me shiver harshly as they were freezing. I went to the hood and pushed it up. Thick black smoke was emitting from it.

After deciding I couldn't fix this one as I was no fucking mechanic and neither was Gemma, I hoped back into the car. "Well?"

"Needs water, we're gonna have to call someone to pick us up."

"Alright, I'll call my friend, yeah?" I nodded along with her and pulled out my own phone.

"Hi Lisa? Yep, look me and Harry are kind of stranded...car broke down, could you give us a lift? Yeah, ok great! Thank you!" She hung up and looked at me. "Lisa said she'll be here within an hour."

My face fell into a frown and I pursed my lips. "An hour?!"

"Nothing we can do- is that a car?" I looked back and I could see headlights.

"Could be why?"

As quick as lightening Gemma was unbuckled and out of the car, standing in the middle of the street with her thumb in front of her. As the car neared it slowed and finally stopped. I watched from my car as Genma went to the window of the car and I assumed ask for a lift. She came running forward to me and the car stayed put so I assumed the person had complied.

The door opened and I shivered and a gust of cold wind entered the warm car. "Come on, he's gonna drop us off."

"Are you sure it's safe?"