"Fuck Boy 101"

When I rejoined Niall after lunch, he asked me what happened to my hair. Heat rushed to my cheeks as I mumbled some response about the hand dryer.

During the rest of my lessons, Louis looked at me fondly whilst I tried to not pay attention to him. Niall badgered me constantly about what was up with me and I was thankful he missed the fonding looks from across the room.

When the final bell sounded throughout the school relief flooded through my veins as I packed up and was ready to go.

"You wanna come to mine?" Niall asked slinging his brown rucksack across his shoulder. "We could chill, netflix and chill."

I suppressed a laugh. "That's how babies are made." Nialls booming laugh echoed through the full corridors as we walked amongst the sea of students racing out of their cars.

My phone vibrated loudly in my pocket and I felt a buzz on my asscheek.

Let's meet up? :) x

I fought hard to suppress the smile that was threatening to bubble to the surface.

Don't you have a job?

The reply was immediate. No, you got me fired. Meet me by my car. You know which one it is ;) x

I huffed in an attempt to make myself seem like I didn't want to go. But I did want to see Louis. And I hated that I did. This boy who made me so unhappy, now made me a little happy and I hated it because what if he makes me unhappy again. But I couldn't fight the feeling of happiness that was brewing from deep within me.

"Mate, I'd love to 'netflix and chill' with you," I grinned. "But I've got this thing I promised Gemma. But I'll text you, yeah?"

Niall's smile faltered slightly which made me wonder did he know I was lying? "Yeah sure, go have fun. I'll see you tomorrow."

He scurried away to find his car and I hung back, sure that Louis wouldn't want to be caught seen with me.

Once the parking lot was almost empty, I found my way to Louis' car. I awkwardly jumped in the vehicle and Louis frowned. "What took you so long?" He grumbled putting his phone away.

"I didn't think you'd want to be seen with me," I said confused.

"Wha-why? Are you serious?" He called. "Honestly, that was dumb." He started the car and I ignored his insult.

"Where are we going?" I asked absentmindedly.

"My gaff," he said proudly. I snorted at the word 'gaff'.

"Fuck boy 101." I muttered under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing," I grinned.

When we arrived at his 'gaff', no one was home. He told me his siblings practically lived with his grandparents because his mom and step dad worked late. So basically he was home alone a lot. He told me abut his family, how his biological dad left when he was young and never really bothered to get to know him, how Mark was his real father but his mom and Mark had divorced. He told me about his sisters and his mom. He told me about his childhood and what how he spent his summers. I offered no stories of my own.

I could tell he was waiting and that he wanted to know but I didn't trust him. I didn't trust anyone. "What about you? What's your family like?"

"Well there's Mum and Gemma, my sister." I said simply.

"That's it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow questioningly.

"Yeah." My answer was dry and I hadn't intended it to be so but it came out that way unfortunately. He looked a little hurt so I back pedalled. "I'm just, I'm not ready to talk about it yet." I stumbled over my words in an attempt to soothe him.

He nodded understandingly and crawled onto my lap. He small hands caressed my cheek and I flinched away from the contact. "Shit, sorry. I'm sorry," I cursed but a small smile crept onto his relaxed face.

"S'ok. It's not gonna stop magically. We'll work on it." He whispered. My eyes flickered to his lips, they were really close to me.

He leaned in closer and I felt myself drifting nearer too. My heart picked up. I'm not ok with this. Stop. But whatever my mind was telling me, my body acted on its own accord.

My phone bleeped and I was thankful to whomever it was. I wasn't ready. I wasn't. I couldn't deal with anything with Louis.

Gemma
Why is your car still at school??

"Shit," I sat up shaking Louis away.

"What?" Louis looked worried. Why? Why did he care? It's not like I'm worth anything to him. Or. At all...

"Left my car at school," I mumbled.

Louis straightened himself. "Yeah, do you want to go now?" He asked biting his lip. I nodded and he began to ready himself to leave.

Forty minutes, a quick kiss and my reunion with my car I was safely back home having tea with Gemma.

What a weird day.