Chapter 17

I woke up at 7 am and it is already 7:30, I still can't decide what to add to my luggage.

Alex is starting to wake up and I still haven't gotten ready.

I am running late

I REPEAT I AM RUNNING LATE!!!

Alex gets up to see me still looking for something to put in my bag as I dig through my cabinet and drawer to find something to add.

"Goodmorning" he says

"Morning, you can go ahead and take a shower"

He nods as he gathers his things and moves in the bathroom.

Alex does not need to pack since his stuff is still in his luggage so all he has to do is bring it with him.

I start putting my outfits in my bag and start to decide what to wear today.

After some time Alex comes out ready to get going.

"Are you done packing?"

"Just a few more things" I say as I grab other items around the room.

After some time I finish and head to the bathroom as Alex makes his way to the kitchen.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I get out of the bathroom wearing a sleeveless light pink top along with my blue jeans and white sneakers.

I grab my things and head out of the room and towards the living room.

I place all my things and I spot Alex' bag already there.

I make my way to the kitchen and I spot him making something.

"Hey" I say as I walk towards him and stop beside him.

"Hey, you ready?"

I nod as I lean my head on his arm.

We eat breakfast and make our way to the airport using Alex' car along with Jason and on the way we picked up Margaret.

.....Three Hours Later.....

We are currently waiting outside the gate for the plane to start boarding.

Alex was seated by my right and beside him was Jason, on my left seated was Margaret who was busy on the phone.

I did not realize I fell asleep until Alex started waking me up.

"Sweetheart, we have to board the plane already"

"A few more minutes"

"A few more minutes then you will say goodbye to your client"

I groan as I get up and gather my things.

"Good morning sleeping beauty" Margaret says

"Good Morning Maleficent" I say with a smirk on my face as I hear Alex chuckle and offer me his hand which I take and turn back to Margaret "See you in the plane" I tell her as I make my way with Alex while she still stands there shock.

"Hey!!!" She says chasing after us

"What can I help you with mistress?"

"Stop it right this second Amelia!"

"Maybe later..."

"Now"

"Or tomorrow"

"Please"

"I haven't decided" I say as we enter the plane and take our seats.

We are seated in business class. Alex and I are seated at the middle and at the right side is Jason while at the left is Margaret.

.....Two Hours Later.....

We just landed and are currently waiting for our baggage, so far no one has noticed Alex yet.

After we all got our bags we made our way towards the exit and started looking for the company car.

After about five minutes we finally spotted a man holding a sign with my name on it.

"Hi are you Elijah"

"Yes ma'am, I suppose you are Ms. Peterson"

"Yes and please just call me Amelia"

He nods "Shall we get going?"

I nod as we start to walk towards the car.

"Is it possible to pass by the hotel, before going to the site? I am not sure what Mr. Carson told you about the schedule"

"Mr. Carson simply informed me to just escort you all to wherever you decide to go"

"Okay then to the hotel please" I say as he nods and starts to load our things with Jason helping him out.

Jason is seated at the front with Elijah while I am seated at the middle with Margaret to my left and Alex to my right.

A few minutes later we arrive and check in the hotel. We are currently in the elevator on our way to the top floor.

We enter the room and I did not expect it to look this big. Usually me and Margaret would just get our own rooms but now we havean entire suite.

The whole design of the suite is modern.

When you enter you will see a living room at the center, at the right is the Kitchen and the left is yhe Dining room.

I enter first and place my bag on the couch (which has a TV on front by the way) I spot two more doors.

I check both and find both are bedrooms with its own bathroom as well.

One room has a King sized bed while the other one has two twin beds.

I go back to the Living room and spot Alex sitting on the couch watching the news while Margaret is talking to someone and Jason is standing while on his phone.

Alex notices me and signals me to sit with him. I walk over and right before I sat down Alex pulls me and I end up on his lap.

"Alex" I say while laughing at his ways and I try to get up but he continues to hold me.

"Yes?"

"Let me sit down"

"You are"

"I mean on the couch"

"It's more comfortable this way" he says as we both watch while ai think of something

"You can't even see the news" I say

"Who said I'm watching the news?"

Before I get to reply Margaret suddenly finishes her phone call without us realizing it.

"That's enough lovebirds, We have work to do"

I groan at the thought of visisting the site, as much as I enjoy my job I wanted to just stay in the hotel for the rest of the day but sadly I can't.

"What time do we have to be there?"

"Around 2:30" she says in a very calm manner.

"2:30!?! The site is 30 minutes away from here!?!"

I check my watch and the time shows 2:15 pm which gives us only 15 minutes to travel.

"Let's go" I say getting up and gathering the things I need "I will see you later" I tell Alex as I kiss him and check if Margaret is ready "Okay, goodluck, I love you"

"Thanks, love you too" I say as both Margaret and I leave the hotel room and make our way to the site.

.....Thirty Minutes Later.....

We finally made it although we are 15 minutes late.

"Mr. Davis sorry for the delay, we lost track of time"

"No worries, everything's fine"

"Shall we begin already?" He nods as I start to discuss my plans to him.

Author's Note:

Word Count; 1160

Hope you liked it.