Chapter 31

-----Alex' POV-----

.....The Next Day.....

I've been trying to call Amelia for the past hour but she isn't answering and I am starting to wonder if something happened to her.

I decided to call Sophia after a few more attempts of calling Amelia.

Sophia also isn't answering.

I called again and again until finally she picked up.

"What do you want!?!"

"Amelia isn't answering her phone, is she with you?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because she's my girlfriend?"

"I don't think so anymore" she says

What does she mean she doesn't think so anymore? Amelia and I were just together yesterday here in Othilia.

"What do you mean?"

"Cut the act Alex! You hurt her!"

Hurt her? How?

"How did I hurt her?"

"Well probably meeting your ex and kissing her"

"It wasn't even I who initiated the kiss, we were just talking and she kissed me"

"Well why did you meet her?"

"She wanted to donate a huge amount to one of the orphanages and my father assigned me to meet with her since he was busy the whole day with his other duties"

"So you weren't sort of dating her?"

"Of course not!, look I love Amelia and I wouldn't do anything to hurt her"

"Well good luck explaining that to her"

"Does she know?"

"Of course she does, it's my duty as one of her bestfriends to make sure she knows the truth about those she love, look Alex just please don't do the same thing Andrew did to her, I can't see my bestfriend that hurt again"

"Who's Andrew?"

"Her ex"

"What did he do?"

"It's not my place to tell, but when you know the truth, promise me you won't do the same thing to her?"

What did this Andrew do to her? Did he hurt her? Or did he cheat on her?

A million thoughts ran through my mind trying to think of what he could've done to Amelia, My Amelia.

"I promise" I say after a long pause

"Is there a way to contact her?" I ask

"Unfortunately not, I haven't been able to contact her as well since I told her about that, we were on a call and she said she had to go without waiting for my answer at all"

"Can you keep on trying to call her, I am on my way there"

"Alright, see you"

"See you" I say as I end the call and immeadietly turn to Jason.

"I need the jet ready to New York, Now"

"Yes, sir" he says as he exits my office.

I decide to tell my parents that I will be going to New York.

I go to my father's office where mother usually always stays at.

I knock and enter. I take a seat and start to tell them everything.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I told my parents about it and they weren't happy since they liked Amelia more than Natalie.

I am already in the private jet on my way to New York.

.....A Few Hours Later.....

I finally landed and we are on our way towards Amelia's Appartment.

Sophia still hasn't been able to call her.

A few more turns on the busy streets of New York. I finally made it to her Appartment.

I get out without waiting for Jason and immeadietly head up to her floor.

I make it on front of her door and I knock. I wait and knock again. I do the same process for a few minutes.

"Amelia, it's me, can we talk?"

"Leave me alone" I hear her say

"Amelia, please, the article isn't true"

"I don't care, just leave"

"A-"

"I SAID LEAVE!"

Now what do I do?

I decided to call Sophia.

"Are you there?"

"Yes, but she won't even open the door"

"I'm on my way maybe I can convince her. I informed Maddie as well and she is on her way as well"

"Alright, I'll be waiting here" I say as we end the call.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

Sophia finally shows up and then Madeline as well.

"Sorry got caught up in traffic" Sophia says as I just nod.

We both walk back to Amelia's door and I decide to move to the side so Amelia won't notice me until she opens the door and I move.

Sophia knocks a few times but Amelia still doesn't answer.

"Amelia?" Sophia says

"What do you want?"

"Can we come in? Maddie's here as well" Sophia says

"Why?"

"We need to talk to you" Maddie says

We wait a few seconds then we hear movement from inside then the door opens.

She hasn't seen me but I could see her and she looked like she was crying for a long time and hasn't slept at all.

I feel bad knowing that I am the reason for her tears and I am not there to comfort her since she doesn't want to even see me.

Sophia and Maddie hugs her before they all enter the appartment and close the door leaving me out in the hallway.

I took a seat on the floor while I wait for either Amelia, Maddie or Sophia to open the door.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

I continue to wait for what seemed like hours but it was just a few minutes.

I just stare at the door while I wait.

Suddenly I hear movement inside the appartment once more and then the door finally opens to reveal Amelia with Sophia and Maddie right behind her.

Author's Note:

Merry Christmas to all! I hope everyone is and will remain safe.

Word Count: 940

Hope you liked it.