Chapter 44

I walk towards Alex and I take a seat across him as he looks up from his phone and looks at me.

"Hey" he says as he places his phone on the table.

"Hey" I say as I put down my bag.

We sit in silence for a few seconds before he speaks "How have you been?"

"I'm good, what about you?" I say

"Aside from missing you, I've been good as well" he says

"I miss you too" I say but before we can say anything else we were approached by a waiter. We order for a while and then the waiter leaves us.

"Thank you" I say with a half smile.

"For what?" He asks as he looks at me.

"The announcement you made"

"I should've done it earlier... I'm sorry it reached this point and I wasn't aware of how you were feeling" he says looking at me and I can see the sadness in his eyes.

"I'm sorry" I say as I look away for a few seconds.

"What are you sorry for? It's all my fault" He says as I look back at him.

"It's not, It's also my fault because I did not tell you how I was truly feeling and I kept it all bottled up inside and the night we talked it just became too much and I broke down" I say looking away from him once more.

The waiter comes back with our food and we start to eat in silence.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We finished eating and we are currently waiting for the bill.

The waiter came back with our bill and placed it on the table as our empty plates our taken.

I immeadietly paid as Alex was about too get his money from his wallet.

"What are you doing?" He asks

"I'm paying" I say as the waiter comes back and gets the money.

"You don't have to"

"I want to, besides I invited you out" I say as he comes back with the receipt.

We both thank him as we get up and start walking towards the exit.

"Want to go for a walk?" He asks looking at the park across the cafe.

"Sure" I say as we cross the street and walk towards the park.

We walk for a bit and we spot a bench. We decided to take a seat and we sit in silence for a few seconds.

I look at a couple seated by a tree as they talk and laugh with each other. It reminded me of Alex and I and how much I miss being with him.

"I was surprsied when you called me last night" he says bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I thought it was time that we fix things" I say as I look at him and I pause for a few seconds before continuing "I was hoping we could go back to us"

We stay silent for a few seconds until he speaks.

"I'd like that" he says with a smile as he kisses me and we hug each other and it felt good to be back in his arms.

We talk for a few minutes while walking around the park.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We found a wishing fountain and we decided to both make a wish.

We both made a wish and dropped it in the fountain filled with coins.

After we dropped coin we remained in silence for a few seconds. Simply just hearing the splash of the water and the distant sound of children playing and a dog barking.

I suddenly hear the sound of a camera click as I turn to Alec and it seems he heard the same as looks around as well.

We spot a few people walking towards us with cameras as Alex and I starts walking away from the fountain.

"Follow me, don't let go" he says as he holds my hand and we start to walk.

Each step going faster and faster as the papparazzi start to move quicker towards us.

We walk for a few seconds more and I spot a black SUV along with Jason waiting outside.

Jason spots us and approaches us as people start to surround us and we continue to walk while Jason goes behind us.

'What happened to the both of you?'

'Were you on a break?'

'Prince Alexander do you plan on tying the knot soon?'

Those were a few of the questions asked to us by the papparazzi as we continue to walk and ignore them.

We reach the car and Jason quickly opens the door as Alex motions me to go first and I enter followed by Alex and Jason enters the car as well beside the driver.

The doors are lock as we drive away and we all catch our breath.

"Are you alright?" Alex asks as I nod

"Your Highness you have an engagement to attend to in an hour" Jason says as Alex just nods.

"Love, I'm afraid I have to go in a while, maybe we could have dinner tonight, if you're not busy?" He asks

"I'm free tonight...if it's no bother can you drop me off at home?" I ask since I didn't really want to walk with papparazzi around the block.

"Of course, and you are no bother to me" Alex says as he cups my cheek before kissing my forhead.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We arrived at my appartment and decided to have dinner tonight.

"I'll see you tonight, my love" Alex says as I nod and we kiss before I get out of the car and he shouts a quick 'I love you' and I fo the same before closing the door.

I watch as the car leaves as I head inside the building and straight to my appartment.

Author's Note:

Word Count: 981

Hope you liked it.