Chapter 16

I get back late from work due to the amount of work I missed the past two weeks that I was on vacation.

I enter and I place my keys along with my other stuff in the living room.

"Hey, you're late" Alex says as he hugs me and kisses me then we sit on the couch.

"Yeah, there was a lot of things that I missed out on last week" I say as I remove my heels.

"Let's eat now" he says

"You didn't have dinner yet?" I ask as I look at him.

"No, I wanted to wait for you"

"Alright" I say and we get uo from the couch.

.....A Few Minutes Later.....

We are still having dinner when I decided to tell Alex about my Canada trip for work.

"Something's distracting you" he says suddenly.

"Uhh...no, nothing" I say while thinking of the best way to tell him.

"There is Amelia, what is it?" He asks again and directly looks at me.

"I have to fly to Canada for work" I quickly say while watching and waiting for his reaction.

"When?" He asks

"Thursday"

"How long?"

"3 nights, I will be back on Sunday" I say and he slightly looks away from me.

"Do you have to be the one to go?" He asks while looking at me.

"Yes, Mr. Davis asked for me because I have been in charge of all his projects"

He remains silent and I don't know what to do.

"Alex say something" I say

"Well what do you want me to say?" He says and I can tell that he doesn't want me to go.

"I don't know, how about your opinion on the trip?" I ask him as we completely forget our dinner.

"Well, to be honest I don't want you to go because I have to return back to Othillia on Tuesday" he says

"On Tuesday?"

"Yes, my father called earlier and instead of Saturday next week it became Tuesday" he explains

If I go to the trip that means I will only have a few days left to be with him when I get back.

But if I don't go I might lose this client which would be a big damage to my career if I lose someone like Mr. Davis.

We both sit in silence for a few minutes while we both think of a solution.

"How about I go with you? So we can still spend time together it will just be in Canada" Alex asks holding my hand as we look at each other.

"But you have things to do here" I say

"I can move it and attend those when we return" he says and I quickly think it over.

"I am fine with that, though how do we get there without anyone noticing you?" I ask

"I will be in disguise plus no one is expecting me there so it will be easy"

"I might have to bring Margaret"

"Who's Margaret?" He quickly asks

"My assistant" I say as he seems to hesitate for a moment.

"Can we make her sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement?" He asks

"I will ask her" I say as he nods.

"Once she agrees I will tell Jason to get a copy of the NDA for her to sign"