Chapter 8

We are on our way back to the office to continue finalizing things for the ball.

Alex has his hand around my waist and I slightly lean to him as we walk silently towards his office when David suddenly approaches us.

"Your Royal Highness you have an urgent meeting regarding the new organization you are planning" he says

"Why wasn't I informed of this earlier?" He asks David

"It is a sudden meeting" David explains

"Can it be moved?" He asks as David shakes his head 'no'.

"I am afraid not, they are currently waiting for you already"

He sighs and looks at me "I'm sorry, I have to attend this"

"It's okay, I'll wait for you in your office"

"Are you sure? Will you be fine there?" He asks while looking at me.

"Yeah, don't worry" I assure him with a smile as he smiles back.

"Okay" he says as he holds my hands and kisses me on the forehead and I close my eyes for a second.

"I will see you later" he says looking at me.

"Same here" I say as I quickly kiss him before I turn around.

I start to make my way to his office as Alex heads the oposite direction to his meeting with David following him behind.

I get in and decide to continue on finishing some things needed until I got interrupted by a knock on the door.

"Come in" I say as I look at the door.

"Ms. Peterson, I am Jessica is there anything you need? His Royal Highness told me to check on you"

"Hi Jessica it's nice to meet you, please just call me Amelia" I say as I smile at her.

"Ms. Peterson-"

"Please Jessica just call me Amelia"

"But-"

"Don't worry I will take care of Alexander" I say and she finally agrees.

"Could you perhaps get me a glass of water?" I ask as she nods.

"Of course" with that she goes out to get the glass of water.

I continue to work and about five minutes later Jessica comes back.

"Here you go" she says and places the glass on the table.

"Thank you" I say with a smile which she returns back.

"You're welcome, I will be outside if you need anything else" she says as she starts to walk away.

"Actually, do you mind keeping me company?" I ask as her eyes widen.

"But I was instructed to just wait outside" she replies

"Don't worry about Alexander, I'll take care of him, besides I need someone to talk to as well" I say

"Alright I guess..." she says as she walks towards me.

"Please, take a seat" I gesture to the seat across mine and she takes her seat.

"If you don't mind me saying Amelia, you are differrent compared to the other guests here" she says as I look back at her.

"How so?" I ask her.

"The way you treat me. No one would invite me to take a seat with them here or anywhere else. They would usually just make me wait outside"

.....A Few Hours Later.....