𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐝

thinking out loud

'...i fall in love with you every single day,
and I just wanna tell you...'

𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒

𝐒𝐍𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒. 𝐒𝐋𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍. Pipes. Bathroom.

Those were the four words Lyra used to describe her dream to Fred and George on the morning of February the thirteenth.

"I swear, your dreams have a weird way of telling the future..." Fred concluded as he stared at her with wide eyes.

George nodded. "How are you even meant to decipher that into anything?"

"Honestly, I don't even know... It's a bit of a puzzle, really," Lyra took a sip of her tea, "You get the full picture piece by piece, but you're only given the first ten pieces and you don't know what you're putting together. You only know what it is when someone shows you the full puzzle all put together."

"That is quite an odd metaphor, I don't even want to know what it's symbolizing..." Harry said as he slid into the seat next to Lyra, his friend following his actions.

Lyra rolled her eyes. "Of course, the only thing you want to know is the answers to your homework."

"That's right! How'd you know?" Ron asked, missing her tone of sarcasm.

"Ronald!" Hermione growled, elbowing him in the ribs.

Melanie giggled. "Give him a break, Hermione, it's not his fault his brain was left at his home..."

Ron glared. "Excuse you, my brain happens to be right in my head, as it should!"

"Missed the joke, mate..." Fred sighed, ruffling Ron's hair as he stood.

Lyra and George stood too, leaving the four second years to enjoy their breakfast.

"What's on for today, fellas?" Lyra asked as they wandered through the halls. It was a bright, sunny Saturday morning, but the sun didn't stop the temperature from freezing off your fingers.

George turned to look at her. "I don't have anything planned today, how about you, Freddie?"

"You just reminded me, Georgie, I need to make a list for all the prank supplies we need to update when we go to Hogsmeade tomorrow!" Fred sent them a quick wave and sent his twin a wink, unnoticed by Lyra, and left the two in the quiet hallway.

Lyra could tell George was nervous. She hoped it wasn't because she was wearing one of his grey hooded sweaters underneath her leather jacket.

They walked down through the halls with light chatter, but she saw him fiddling with his sleeves and running his hands through his hair, things he would do when he was either uncomfortable or anxious.

"What's on your mind?" she finally asked, looping her arm through his as they walked along the bridge that would take them to the lake.

She watched as George's face reddened. "Oh, nothing really. Are you coming to Hogsmeade with us tomorrow?" he questioned, sending her a quick glance before directing his gaze back onto the lake as they sat down under Lyra's favourite tree.