𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐚𝐝

how to never stop being sad

'drown every single one of your feelings in old, stolen rum. learn to love the taste of it dripping down your throat. find comfort in the warmth coming from your stomach, you're drinking bottled love now'

 find comfort in the warmth coming from your stomach, you're drinking bottled love now'

[!TW: PHYSICAL ABUSE AND STRONG USAGE OF ALCOHOL!]

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐃 𝐎𝐍 𝐒𝐌𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐇𝐋𝐘, with Lyra nicking more glasses of the fancy wine from the tables than she should have. It was now one in the morning and Cedric and Draco were working together, trying to bring her up to her room to rest, but the task was proving to be more difficult than expected.

"Merlin, Lyra," Cedric said as he looped one of her arms around his neck and assisted her up the stairs, "How much did you have to drink?"

"A lot more than handle," Lyra slurred her words as she leaned from Draco to Lyra.

"Yes, we can see..." Draco huffed as some of her makeup rubbed onto his blazer. "Maybe you should watch that next time..."

"Mmmm no," she argued. They were wandering down the hall to her room now.

Cedric quickly caught her before she stumbled into a table. "Why not?"

"Because," she reasoned.

"Because is not an answer," Draco snapped, opening the door to her room.

The door squeaked open and seemed to call out eerily to them.

"Lyra," Cedric asked. "Is this your room?"

Lyra lifted her head off his shoulder to take a look inside. She couldn't see much, so she stepped into the room, and almost as soon as she stepped onto a soft rug, the door slammed shut behind her.

"That's weird," she mumbled. Stumbling back to the door in the dim light, she tried to turn the handle but the door was locked. "C'mon guys, open up. My head is too sore for this..."

"We can't, it's locked from the inside," Cedric called to her through the door.

Lyra pulled her wand out from her dress and cast a spell. "Alohomora!"

She tried the door again, but it was still locked. "Nothings working, Ced!"

Sighing, Lyra lit the tip of her wand and took to looking around the room. It was smaller than hers but still large to some standard. On the wall to the right of the door was a large bed with dark green covers. Cobwebs seemed to cover nearly every crevice of the place, as well as a fine coating of dust. She took a step further into the room and felt the floorboards squeak. "Oh, come on... I don't weigh that much!"

She continued her search around the room which was pretty standard, although it looked like it had been abandoned on a whim, like a pack-and-go situation. Lyra was trying to figure out whose room it was. There was a diary on the nightstand, so walking over to it, she smiled when she saw a name.