𝐛𝐞 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

be alright

'nothing heals
the past like time'

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 lesson began with seven proud Gryffindors entering the classroom, each with broad grins plastered on their faces

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐓 𝐃𝐄𝐅𝐄𝐍𝐒𝐄 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐊 𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐒 lesson began with seven proud Gryffindors entering the classroom, each with broad grins plastered on their faces. The Ravenclaws who they shared their class with all groaned, knowing that this could only mean something disruptive would occur.

Lyra slipped into her seat beside Katrina at the back of the classroom with her housemates. "Everything ready, guys?"

They nodded.

Professor Lockhart marched into the room from his office, hands-on-hips and beaming as if waiting for someone to praise him.

"Well, aren't you all going to give me a round of applause?" he demanded, looking around at the class. "I did not sign a young girls potions book for free to not be applauded."

There was a small smattering of applause, apart from the boisterous and obnoxious calls from Fred and George.

"SO GENEROUS!"

"DESERVES A PAY RAISE!"

Lyra smirked and leaned into Katrina. "Ten sickles Lockhart cries after the prank."

"I'm not betting against you on that, of course he is going to cry!" she returned.

After Lockhart thanked his "fans" for their kindness, he began speaking about how he had apparently cured a werewolf with a live reenactment. This caught Lyra's attention.

"-I pinned him to the ground - like this - and held my wand to his throat. I then proceeded to perform the ever-so difficult Homorphus charm - he let out a piteous growl like this - go Murphy, let out a growl - louder, higher - nice, yes - and suddenly his fur began to disappear and his fangs began to shrink. I had cured a werewolf back to a true man. Alas, I had rid the town of a mons-"

Professor Lockhart was interrupted by a very hostile Gryffindor.

"   'Cured a werewolf back to a true man'? So those other days when that man was not a wolf, he wasn't a true man? Are you saying that a man - who looks, talks and behaves the same as you for all but one day a month - is less of a human because of a disease?" she spat venomously.

"W-Well werewolves are known as m-monsters and beasts, surely you know th-that?" The teacher was beginning to sound like Professor Quirrel, causing Lyra to roll her eyes.

"No. What I know is that they are seriously misunderstood and deserve to be treated better. They are only different for about twelve or thirteen nights of the year, which most hideaway to protect others, and yet you still judge them? I can assure you that you disgust me more than a werewolf ever will. Don't ever speak about a being like that ever again."