ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

around the sun

'another year around the sun, guess I've just been having fun'

"Please! Please, get off me, I didn't do anything wrong!"

Lyra shrieked and gasped as her eyes opened wide. Sweat was pasted on her face and she focused on returning her breaths back to normal.

"It's okay, Lyra," George whispered. "You're here in the hospital wing. You're safe."

This was the fourth night she'd spent in the hospital wing since she woke up, the sixth night in total since she was brought in.

George made sure to remind Lyra of how he'd seen her name in the Forbidden Forest on the Marauders Map - along with Hermione, Harry, Remus, Sirius and Rons - and how he and Fred had raced down to Dumbledore and sent out a search party.

The group were found, Sirius was captured again, Harry, Ron and Hermione were okay, and Professor Lupin was recovering from a mysterious illness, which Snape revealed to be Lycanthropy.

Lyra almost cried when Hermione informed her that Sirius had yet again been caught, but the younger girl had leaned in and whispered quietly: "Don't worry, Padfoot is safe with Buckbeak."

It left her very confused, considering Lyra believed Buckbeak to be dead. Many questions swam at her mind, but one bit at her insides.

What happened to Peter?

It was clear to know he escaped, but where was he going?

Lyra leaned against her bed frame, taking a sip from her mug. "You know, you don't have to keep me company all day."

George was sitting in the seat beside her bed, watching her carefully. "I know, but I want you to know I'm here."

She smiled, closing her eyes. "Thank you."

He leaned in and pressed a kiss against her forehead. "You're welcome."

Lyra was being released in a few minutes, so she was rather excited.

Her injury that Peter had so graciously given her didn't hit any major organ or require any emergency operation. Madam Pomfrey had the wound healing by the next morning. Lyra was kept in for the next few days to be monitored, just in case it got infected and she got very sick.

But thankfully, everything went to plan and she can go to the feast that night and go home on the train tomorrow morning.

Madam Pomfrey came bustling through the doors from her office. "Alright, Miss Black, I think you're all ready to go!"

Lyra smiled brightly. "Thank you, Madam Pomfrey, you've saved my life more times than I can count on my hands."

The woman gave Lyra a polite nod. "It is my job. So please, take these potions before you go to sleep, they will help with the nightmares."

George took the box of potions into his hands and carried them for Lyra.

The couple said their final goodbye to Madam Pomfrey before making their way to Gryffindor Tower.

"Kat's really excited to have you back," George laughed. "I think she's sick of all the testosterone..."

Lyra chuckled. "Now she knows how I felt before she came along."

"Ouch!"

"Suck it up, Weasel..."

The End of Year Feast was yet another year decked with gold and scarlet decor, celebrating Gryffindor's win of both the House Cup and the Quidditch Cup.

Lyra was glad to be surrounded by her friends again, but she still felt a weight pulling at her heart. It seemed only Harry understood how she felt. Harry was so excited to spend the Summer in a home with someone who actually loved and cared for him, and Lyra was hoping to potentially give Sirius a chance at redeeming himself. But now those wishes were ripped from them by the cruel Peter Pettigrew.

There was so much hatred reserved in her body towards the coward that Lyra's eyes flashed crimson whenever she thought of him.

Lyra sat in her usual compartment on the way back from Hogwarts, chatting away with her friends about what the holidays were to include.

The World Quidditch Championships were to be held in England, and all of them were planning to go and watch. Fred and George had also proposed her staying over for most of the Summer if it was alright with Remus and Mary.

With something to look forward to, Lyra left Kings Cross Station that day with a smile on her face.

She was excited to see what Sixth Year had to offer.

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

 ❃ ↷ ˊ-