𝐠𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐞𝐧

golden

'golden, as i open my eyes'

𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐈𝐍 the Gryffindor boys dormitory was not something Lyra thought she would ever do, so when she opened her eyes to be met with red hair and muscly arms, it took every ounce of self-control for her not to jump a mile high in the air

Slowly, she tried to lift George's arm from around her waist as she was currently laying with her head on his chest, his arms wrapped around her waist and one of her hands was resting on his beating heart, the other was curled into her side. Unfortunately, her escape was foiled when she felt George's arm only tighten, keeping her in place.

Lyra took a glance at the alarm clock on his bedside table and saw it was eight in the morning. One hour until class. She lightly tapped George on the chest, causing him to wake from his slumber. He opened his eyes and when they met her, they widened and his face reddened.

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry," George unwrapped his arms from her waist and Lyra missed the warmth already.

Lyra shrugged. "It's alright, I guess. What's done is done."

"A-are you sure?" George asked. "The boys are going to give us a load of crap for this..." He gestured over to Fred and Lee who were snoring away.

"Yeah, I don't care what they say. It's only Fred and Lee, I can handle them just fine if they step out of line." Lyra smirked and slid out of the bed. She rubbed the sides of her arms to warm herself up.

George noticed and handed her one of his sweaters. "Here, take this. You look freezing."

She smiled and took the jumper. "Thanks, George. I better go get ready now, classes start soon. Meet you in twenty down in the common room?"

"You got it." George winked at her as she left the room.

Walking back out of the boy's side of the tower to the girls side undetected was a feat more difficult than getting Snape to smile. Impossible.

But somehow, Lyra had luck on her side as the common room was empty as she hurried across to the stairs that lead up to her dorm.

"There you are!" came the voice of Katrina as soon as Lyra opened the door.

"Here I am?"

Angelina looked up from where she was choosing a shirt to wear. "Don't sound so innocent, we all know you were in the boy's dorm." She wiggled her brows. "Anything happen?!"

Lyra rolled her eyes, but her cheeks blushed deeply and her hair turned a light pink. "No, I just accidentally fell asleep after threatening the boys to death. That's all, I swear."

Katie, Angelina, Alicia and Katie all shared knowing looks.

The fourth year opened her trunk and pulled out some denim jeans, an AC/DC shirt and kept George's jumper to the side to put on.