𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐚 𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦

i have a dream

'i believe in angels, something good in everything i see'

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 came to, a bright light shone directly into her face

"Well, she's definitely reactive..." Madam Pomfrey said, pocketing a pen that seemed to have a light at the tip, quite like the things Lyra had seen doctors have in the shows that come on the television back at her home.

"What happened?" she asked as she sat up. Across the room, she saw Ginny sitting on a bed with Mrs Weasley stroking her head and Mr Weasley holding tightly onto her hand. On the bed next to Ginny was Fred, George and Percy, listening curiously as Ron explained the events of their night.

"...and so Harry comes back from the Chamber through the hole I cleared out," he was saying. Lyra sat up and listened in. She had been unconscious for most of the 'adventure'. "with Ginny limping next to him, and Lyra's arms were wrapped around each of their shoulders. Apparently, she had the cruciatus curse put on her..."

Ron said that bit quietly so that neither Mrs Weasley nor Mr Weasley heard, but Lyra managed to understand. That's why she couldn't remember much, it was known to muddle up people's memories if put under for a long period of time.

"Do you need any water, dear?" Madam Pomfrey asked, dabbing a damp cloth on Lyra's forehead.

"Yes please, water would be lovely." Lyra kindly accepted. The water was cool as it slid down her throat. She went to lie back down and sleep, a sudden wave of exhaustion washing over her when the stool by her bed was quickly occupied.

"Jesus Christ, Black," Katrina said, shaking her head at her best friend, "you can't go giving me a scare like that..."

Lyra blinked at the girl in front of her before pulling Katrina into a tight hug. "Kat! Merlin's freckled arse!"

"Never heard that one before..." Katrina laughed as she hugged Lyra back just as tight.

Tears sprung to Lyra's eyes as she took in the view of her friend. Katrina was no longer pale and cold, instead, she had a red flush to her cheeks from the excitement of being back, and her brunette hair was tied messily on the top of her head. Her ocean-blue eyes were shining bright as she looked around the room.

"Can you believe I nearly missed exams!" Katrina sighed. "Just my luck that they wake me up two days before..."

Lyra shook her head in awe and pulled her friend back into a hug. "I'm so glad to have you back."

Katrina patted her back awkwardly. "Yeah... you too, I guess. Although it feels like I just went to sleep and woke up as usual."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

"That's weird."

"I guess it is."

"..."