𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐭

violent

'don't make me get violent. i want my ring back, baby that's a diamond'

Racked with nerves, Lyra shakily tied the laces of her docs

Racked with nerves, Lyra shakily tied the laces of her docs. She looked herself over in the mirror one last time, eyeing the brown and beige plaid skirt over ripped stockings. She wore a collared shirt under her oversized black sweater and eyeliner smudged around her eyes. Her hair kept its natural curls and black in colour.

Lyra leaned down and picked up her satchel with her books for the day and made her way down the stairs. Her other friends and George probably wouldn't be up for another twenty minutes, so she left the common room and went to the Great Hall.

It wasn't too busy, a student scattered through the Hall here and there. She was relieved to note that she was not the only one dressed in her style, for sitting at the end of the Gryffindor table was Freya Koop. The girl was wearing light denim jeans, a black singlet top that hung loosely over her chest (Lyra was positive it was bought in the lingerie section of a charity shop), black high top converses and a leather jacket hung from her shoulders.

Lyra knew the girl was in the year above, only just as her birthday falls on July 16th, as Lee has told her many times. She walked over to the girl, who gave her a polite smile.

"Can I sit here?" Lyra gestured to the seat across Freya.

"Of course," Freya said, biting into her toast. A clip tied her brown hair back, a few pieces pulled out to frame her face.

Lyra scanned through the hall again, making sure she didn't spot Edmund.

Freya put her piece of toast down and stared at Lyra through her dark brown, calculating eyes. "Who are you looking for?"

Lyra turned back to the girl across from her. "My cousin."

"Draco?"

She shook her head. "No, my other one..."

"Nymphadora graduated ages ago, you're not going to find her here." Freya rolled her eyes.

"Not her either," Lyra replied. "I'm looking for Edmund Lestrange. Bellatrix Lestrange's son."

Freya's toast fell from her hands into the cup of coffee before her. "That woman has a child?"

"Unfortunately." Lyra sent Freya a knowing look. "I spent nearly the whole summer with him and my crazy Great Aunt. That was until I got sick of all their prejudiced comments and snuck out."

Flashes of that night ran through her mind, but Lyra pushed them far away into the dark pits of her memories. She ignored Snape, who's attention had drifted her way.

"I still can't believe you're related to that family..." Freya sighed, shaking the coffee from her soggy toast before getting a new piece.

Lyra laughed. "I can, I mean have you seen how familiar me and my father look? It's terrifying."