𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐛𝐞

let it be

'whisper words of wisdom, let it be, let it be'

It was the last period the duo had to practice their song before the class would be performing in their groups to the whole school at that night's dinner

It was the last period the duo had to practice their song before the class would be performing in their groups to the whole school at that night's dinner. It was the last day of term, so there would be a big feast and all to celebrate the beginning of the Christmas holidays.

"I'm sorry, Georgina," he rolled his eyes at Lyra, "But I'm trying my best. Playing piano and singing takes a lot of coordination. The coordination that I lack."

George placed his guitar down before walking to his friend, "You do it all the time, wonderfully, might I add. Believe in yourself, you can do it."

"Wise words, George." Lyra chuckled, pinching him on the cheeks. "Let's do this again. Until it's so perfect Dumbledore falls off his seat in amazement." Lyra had a big grin on her face, obviously wanting to achieve this new goal.

"Alright, let's do this," George replied, picking his guitar up.

"𝐈 𝐂𝐀𝐍'𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐈𝐓 𝐓𝐎 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑 what you've created!" said Kenneth, sitting next to Lyra in the Great Hall, waiting for Dumbledore to begin the Feast.

"It was all mainly George," Lyra didn't notice the dark look that swept onto the boy's face at the mention of George. "But yeah, it'll be interesting to what people think of it."

Lyra looked around the Hall, noticing all the tall trees decorated with magnificent ornaments. There was snow falling from the enchanted ceiling, but it melted away before it could reach even Hagrid. The fireplaces were roaring with warmth, the only thing keeping the students from freezing right there. Just as she looked at the grin that was on Theo's face, her attention was taken by Dumbledore who had stood up from his chair.

"Good evening staff, students." he started. "It is with pleasure that I announce the beginning of the Christmas Holidays." There was an outbreak of applause from both students and staff. "However, before the delicious food will be making its way onto our table, I would like to welcome up Professor Black to make an announcement." He stepped away from the lectern so that the Professor could stand behind it.

"Good evening." Lyra noticed that there was no shake in her voice anymore, instead, the woman spoke with full confidence. "Tonight is very special. During your lovely dinner, the third-year Music class will be performing their ever-so creative songs they have composed." Diana paused, and there was the sound of quiet but excited chatter that broke through the hall. "I encourage you to make these musicians feel welcome, and don't be afraid to cheer them on or clap along! That's all!" She made her way back to her seat and Dumbledore stepped back up to the lectern.

"Well, there you have it, ladies and gentlemen, tonight shall be phenomenal. Enjoy." And with a wave of his hands, the food appeared.

The Music class had been given a sheet earlier that day that told them when everyone would be performing their songs. George and Lyra were second last, so they had quite a while to wait.