𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬

fragile tears

'don't be a fool, cause everybody knows that boy ain't right for you'

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐊 on the eleventh of August after dinner, as she covered up yet another bruise that had "appeared" on her arm

This one was from when she had made the mistake of smiling too politely at a boy across the street, which caused Kenneth to get all riled up. After he saw the mark he left, he had apologised and said it was an accident. That he hadn't meant to make his "doll" bruised.

There had been more of these "accidents".

Lyra's body was covered in bruises, and the occasional cut from the ring that resided on Kenneth's middle finger when he would slam his hand against her face. Lyra hid these using her metamorphic abilities, but with all her energy going towards hiding the marks, she had become exhausted all the time.

Despite all the abuse, Lyra still believed that she deserved it. She craved the pain that she received, she knew Kenneth wanted to make her stronger, and that's all she had ever wanted. To be stronger. To be unbreakable.

Once Lyra finished covering up all the marks, she took some tablets to ease the pain the bruises caused her, and wiped away the tears that had rolled down her face.

Lyra climbed into her bed, and thought about the fun she would have at The Burrow the next day onwards. She would miss her boyfriend, of course, but she had definitely missed her best friends.

"OH I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH!" Lyra said as she walked through the front door of the Burrow, Mary, Theo and Georgia right behind her. "It's been way too long."

She walked over to where Fred and George were racing down the stairs, beaming grins on their faces.

"Lyra! We missed you too-" started Fred.

"Maybe not as much as we missed Theo and Georgia-" George said. He smiled over at Theo and lifted Georgia into his arms before putting her back on the ground with a kiss on her cheek.

"But I guess we missed you a bit." finished Fred, and together they wrapped their arms around Lyra and brought her into a hug.

After a few seconds, she felt uncomfortable.

"I swear to Merlin I will harvest your organs whilst you sleep if you both don't let go of me right now," Lyra said in a flat voice, and she could feel their hands unwrap themselves from her back.

"Woah there, Ra. You may scare away the Slytherins with those threats," said George, smirking. He picked up her things and motioned her to make her way up the stairs.

"We will be upstairs if you need us, Mum!" Fred shouted over his shoulder as he climbed up the stairs.

Lyra walked over to Mary, who now had Georgia resting on her hip.