𝐜𝐚𝐧'𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐮𝐬

can't hold us

'tonight is the night, we'll fight 'til it's over. so we put our hands up like the ceiling can't hold us'

The Christmas holidays and beginning weeks of January flew by quickly, with most of Lyra's time occupied by studying and Quidditch practice

The Christmas holidays and beginning weeks of January flew by quickly, with most of Lyra's time occupied by studying and Quidditch practice. Oliver had recently upped their training to five nights a week, and even Fred and George were struggling to keep up to date with their school work.

It was the day of the Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor Quidditch match, and Lyra was trying to block out the sound of Harry complaining to George about Ron and Hermione.

"...They won't stop arguing," he was saying. "Ron thinks Crookshanks has eaten Scabbers - which is highly likely - but Hermione believes otherwise and now they won't even talk to each other!"

George gave Harry a sympathetic pat on the shoulder. "I'll try have a chat with him, Harry, but you know how stubborn he is."

Harry appreciated the thought and turned to talk to Oliver about strategies.

"Third year drama?" Lyra smirked.

George sniggered. "Yes. It seems so important to them, but to us, it sounds absolutely ridiculous. Cats eat rats, it was bound to happen soon."

Fred nodded. "Ron's just looking for someone to blame because he doesn't want to accept that poor Scabbers had just had enough of him."

"I know I'd want to escape from that..." George laughed.

"Don't be so rude," Lyra scolded the boys.

Oliver called the group over. "Alright. You all know what we've got to do. If we lose this match, we're out of the running. Just - just fly like we did in practice yesterday, and we'll be okay!"

They walked out onto the pitch to tumultuous applause. The Ravenclaw team, dressed in blue, were already standing in the middle of the pitch.

The team made their way over, watched as Wood and Davies shook hands, and then Madam Hooch blew her whistle.

The game was on.

Lyra kicked off into the air, watching as Angelina ripped the Quaffle from a Ravenclaw player and shot down the field. She followed after her friend, blocking any oncoming opposition from coming near Angelina, whilst listening to the commentary given by Lee.

"They're off, and the big excitement of this match is the Firebolt which Harry Potter is flying for Gryffindor. According to Which Broomstick, the Firebolt is going to be the broom of choice for the national teams at this year's World Championships-"

"Jordan, would you mind telling us what's going on in the match?" interrupted Professor McGonagall's voice.

"Right you are Professor - just giving a bit of background information. The Firebolt, incidentally, has a built-in auto-brake and-"