𝐮𝐩

up

'i think I'm back in the dream, think I'm back on the ceiling'

Lyra's high form winning the Quidditch Cup lasted at least a week or so

Even the weather seemed to match Gryffindor's high spirits: as June approached, the skies became a cloudless pool of blue, and all anybody wanted to do was go for a stroll along the Blake Lake or sit under a tree in the warm breeze.

But they couldn't.

Exams were nearing, and no one had the time to settle down for a rest. Students were forced to sit inside, tearing at their books and trying to absorb every word on the pages. Lyra spent most of her afternoons camping out in the Library with Cedric, Katrina and her cousin, Edmund, all trying desperately to revise every lesson they'd done.

Remus hadn't taken it easy on her either - he continually piled work upon her because she was excelling in the lessons - and after a month of non-stop assessments, she told him she couldn't do the extensions.

He understood and offered his office for her to use if she needed a quiet place to study. She'd politely declined, explaining that she worked better in the Library and common room.

Lyra spent most of her time studying, but after hearing of the injustice case of Buckbeak, she'd spent some of her days helping Harry, Hermione, Melanie and Ron with the appeal.

She was furious at Draco's father for pressing such charges. Who did he think he was? Powerful, by the sounds of it. She hated how money could buy power, and power could buy loyalty. It was not right, and people should be called out for it.

Draco had been trying to persuade his father to drop all charges, but Lucius used this chance to take down a loyal man from Dumbledore.

So she met up with Luna the night before her first exam, proposing an idea for The Quibbler. Luna had readily agreed and quickly rushed off to write to her father.

The week of exams cast an unnatural hush over Hogwarts. Students were seen sitting on the floor of corridors outside their exam room with a textbook in front of them, cramming in every bit of knowledge possible.

At lunchtime on Monday, Lyra and George exited their Music exam, exhausted and drained from doing the practical and theoretical parts in the one session.

"I know I got that Mozart question wrong..."

"What is a staccato again?"

"I pressed the wrong chord a few times, do you think that means I failed?"

Then, after a quick lunch eaten up in the common room, they returned to the Great Hall for their Written Transfiguration Exam. In the written exam, Lyra flew through the booklet, although she momentarily forgot what the incantation for the Switching Spell was, but luckily remembered it at the last minute.