𝐢 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝

i know the end

'either way, we're not alone. i'll find a new place to be from'

𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐘 against the window, illuminating the moon's rays through the starry night

𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐘 against the window, illuminating the moon's rays through the starry night. It was after dinner and Lyra had washed up, put on her pyjamas and was now sitting at her big desk in the unfamiliar room.

It was gorgeous, you couldn't deny it. There was a great big bed with sheer curtains hanging around it in the centre of one of the walls, opposite to a door that led to the balcony. Flowy curtains hung from above the windows and potted plants were scattered throughout the room. Instead of the silver that seemed to dance its way through all the other rooms of the house, this room had golden accents. The floors were white marble, matching the other rooms in the house, but the walls had white wainscoting, and the top part of the walls was a pink-tinged cream.

Wooden shelving was above the desk she was currently sitting at, covered with intricate artifacts. She made a mental note to decorate the room with her own things the next day; there was a large box in the middle of the room with a few of the decorations she had asked Remus and Mary to send.

Sighing, Lyra leant back into the cushioned chair and looked at the blank parchment in front of her. It wasn't quite blank, for there was a black border around the sheet and elegant swirls at the top of the paper where the addressed person's name would go.

Taking the quill from a set into her hand, Lyra began to write her letter.

George,

This manor is absolutely gorgeous. Stunning. Although, there is a constant gloom in the air, and I think it may be because Druella acts like her dead husband is still alive... I don't blame her, though. I couldn't imagine losing you.

The room they've given me is so big that I don't know what to do with it. I'm enjoying the number of plants-

She set her quill down. This was not like talking to him in person. She couldn't tell him a story right away and see the exact face he makes when she gives out the plot twists. She tied her turquoise hair up into a messy bun, opting to finish the letter later and to get a good night's rest.

Lyra blew out all the candles in the room and closed the big glass doors that lead to the balcony. She wrapped her cardigan around herself tightly and tiptoed back to her bed. The mattress was soft and comfortable as she laid down. She glared at the candle she forgot to blow out and groaned. In just over a year she would be able to use her wand to get rid of the flame, but being underage she stomped over to the candle and extinguished the flame.

There was a knock on her door that startled her.

"Come in," she called out.

The door opened and in stepped Edmund. "Sorry to come in so late." He apologised, taking a seat in her desk chair. "Nice hair," He complimented the colour. She gave him a smile as she looked him over. He was dressed in a plain white t-shirt and pyjama pants with small, cartoon owls fluttering over the material as a pattern. She was relieved that they didn't wear silk pyjamas.