𝐢 𝐠𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐚 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠*

i gotta feeling

September flew by quickly with many sleepless nights for Lyra, leaving her fragile and moody. Fred and George had noticed this and made an effort into distracting her with pranks. Some days they would target specific students, other days they would make Lyra morph into a professor and do ridiculous things.

Opting for a stroll through the grounds on the third night of October, she was looking out at the lake. It was ten minutes until the clock struck twelve and it would be her birthday. She would be turning fourteen, and mark it as her eleventh birthday without her parents. Lyra never looked forward to her birthday since it was just a reminder of how alone she felt. Luckily, she was able to share her birthday with the great Minerva McGonagall which made it much more tolerable.

For the past two years, Fred and George had gotten the elves in the kitchen to make cakes for the two. Lyra's was always chocolate with even more chocolate icing, whilst Minnie's was a plain carrot cake. Lyra had no idea how they found out about when Minnie's birthday was or how they knew what her favourite cake was. She had a feeling Dumbledore had something to do with it.

Lyra pulled her eyes away from the glistening lake to see a figure slowly making its way to her. Realizing it was too late for her to hide, she took a deep breath and got ready to be scolded.

"Miss Black," a monotone voice droned out, and she knew exactly who it was. "What are you doing out here at..." Professor Snape looked at the watch on his wrist before continuing, "eleven fifty-six at night? Past curfew?"

"I'm sorry, Professor, it was getting really hot in the dorm rooms so I wanted to get some fresh air." The lie rolled naturally off the teenager's lips after having to tell fibs all the time with Fred and George.

"I'm sure. Well then, I guess since you're up you wouldn't mind spending the next two hours at detention in the Potions Room. Now." He turned around quickly, leaving Lyra to stand there and process that she had detention with Snape. Deciding to get it over with and not risk any more time spent stuck in the hell hole, Lyra followed behind obediently.

"The Draught of Peace?!" Lyra whined as she took the book she was handed from Satan himself. "That's a fifth-year potion! I can't do that!"

"You can and you will. Start," Snape said, sitting down at his desk and starting his paperwork. Lyra crossed her arms and stood defiantly, not obeying his orders. "If you want Miss Black I can make you come back every night for the rest of the week instead?"

Sighing, Lyra walked to the supply closet and got all the ingredients she would need for this potion. Glancing at the instructions list, she let out a groan of annoyance.

Add powdered moonstone until the potion turns green.

Stir until the potion turns blue.

Add powdered moonstone until the potion turns purple.