𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞

silence

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐌

𝐋𝐘𝐑𝐀 𝐖𝐎𝐊𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐒𝐇𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐎𝐑𝐌. She rubbed her eyes and peeked out her curtains. She could see Angelina and Alicia getting changed into their robes, Katie groggily climbing out of her bed, and Kat still snoring from beneath her covers.

Climbing out of her bed, Lyra shuffled over towards the bed next to hers and shook Kat on the shoulder.

"Kat," she whispered. "Kat, wake up. We have classes!"

The sleeping girl continued snoring.

"KAT!" Lyra yelled.

Jumping awake, Kat looked around for what disrupted her from her peaceful slumber. Her eyes fell upon a smirking Lyra, who was now backing away from the bed.

"Oh, you're going to pay for that one later..."

Shrugging, Lyra turned to her trunk and pulled out her robes. She changed into a pair of comfortable tracksuit pants and one of the sweaters Molly Weasley had knitted her before putting her robe over it.

"I still find it astounding that the only compulsory uniform here is a robe with our house crest on it. Other than that we can wear anything," said Kat from where she was putting on a pair of runners.

Lyra nodded. "Yeah, it's quite nice. However, we do have to wear a proper uniform which is the tie, skirt and oxford shirt on proper occasions like Hallowe'en, the end of Term Feast or if there are visitors arriving."

"Still, it's a lot better than the uniform we have to wear in Australia," Kat chuckled.

It was just Kat and Lyra left in the dorm now as Angelina, Katie and Alicia had left during their conversation.

Lyra turned to her friend. "We better go down for breakfast so we have enough time to get our schedules and come back to grab our books." She headed down the stairs to the Common Room, Kat following behind her.

"Sounds like a plan stan!" she said.

"Who's Stan?" Fred asked as they entered the Common Room.

Kat rolled her eyes. "It's a saying, doofus."

"I'm not a doofus!" Fred glared at her.

George placed a hand on his twin's shoulder. "Calm down, Freddie. She was just teasing. Why are you so riled up?" he asked.

Fred mumbled something that sounded like 'I'm not, she's just annoying'.

Rolling her eyes, Lyra turned to the portrait hole. "Come on losers, we're going to be late!"

"Fred and I already went down and ate. Besides, since when did being late bother you, little Miss 'We're-Going-To-Be-Late'?" George asked, ruffling her hair as he came up beside her.