𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗱...𝗬𝗲𝘁 || 𝖧𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗇𝖾𝗓𝗎𝗄𝖺 𝖧𝗈𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗎

𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗗

𝗡𝗢𝗧 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗥𝗜𝗘𝗗... 𝗬𝗘𝗧
- 𝖧𝖺𝗀𝖺𝗇𝖾𝗓𝗎𝗄𝖺 𝖧𝗈𝗍𝖺𝗋𝗎 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

EVERYONE AT THE SWORDSMITH VILLAGE WAS SURPRISED

that you had managed to handle the hot-headed man that cared about nothing but his sword making, Haganezuka Hotaru.

It was known that Haganezuka was very passionate about his work, leading him to grow very sensitive and easily angered whenever his works get destroyed. Most of his costumers would even leave due to the fact they feared his eccentric personality but then you came and changed his life forever.

You never feared him or got startled over his passionate and fiery personality, and reciprocated them with the opposite. More calm and inviting which was his opposite but somehow that's why it went so well. And although he wouldn't admit it aloud, he was more than happy that you stayed by his side.

It was a rather special day today since it was the day that Haganezuka had planned to propose to you.

"Ugh.. she's gonna say no isn't she!" He thought, practically screaming in his own mind as he paced back and fourth with the golden ring in his hands. "No, no, she would say yes.. hopefully." He reached up and tore the mask of his face along with the small scarf that wrapped over his head, allowing his long raven locks to fall down to his shoulders.

With a sigh, he stopped in his tracks and stared at the ring between his fingers. "God, I hope she says yes.." he muttered, his sharp eyebrows curving upwards slightly until he heard the door slide open.

"Hotaru?" You chirped before stepping inside the room, giving him time to slip the ring back into his pocket. "(Y/n)!" He piped up, throwing his hands behind his back. With a smile you allowed yourself in. "I was looking for you."

"You were?" He raised a brow as you stepped closer to him. "Mhm, I figured it was time you took a break today since you've been working too hard."

Haganezuka ran his hand through his hair before folding his arms over his chest. "But I almost-" you pressed your fingers over his lips with a soft chuckle. "C'mon," you then retracted your fingers from his lips only for him to reach back and kiss the top of your hand.

A blush crept at your cheeks over the sudden contact. "Hotaru... is something on your mind?" You muttered as he swiftly placed an arm around your waist to pull you closer. Just as he was about to reply, he stopped himself, swallowing the words back down to his throat. "It's nothing." He answered before pressing a kiss to your forehead. You cocked a brow when he slipped his hand into yours at the same time he returned his mask on, and led you out of the room.

"Did you eat yet?" You asked, hugging his arm as you walked. "No, I was busy.." was his simple reply. "Alright then, we should go get some food, I'm starving too.." you then led him to the small eatery that wasn't too far from the hot springs. To be completely honest, lunch felt quiet due to the fact that Hotaru ate quickly and didn't look to well. You watched as he stressfully took a swig of his water, a single bead of sweat rolling down his temple.

You then took his calloused hand in yours, making him freeze. "Hotaru, you don't look like you're feeling too good.."

He sighed before setting his cup down, his other hand now resting over yours. "Sorry," he uttered "I am in fact, stressed."
You were used to his outbursts and him getting stressed over some projects, but something about today was simply off to you. "Is there anything I can do to help?" You asked, knowing this was the better option other than asking him what was really wrong.

"This is something I must do myself. But t-thank you..." he blushed, dipping his head down to hide. "O-okay.." you retracted your hand from his and got back to your food, still thinking about what was on his mind.

Later on after your lunch, Haganezuka had suggested to go for a walk. It was peculiar of him to ask this since normally it would be you, but you rolled with it since if you pestered him more about it, he'd probably end up screaming bloody murder.

The walk was pleasant, he scooped you up into his arms to carry you to the top of the hill that had a perfect view of the sunset. His sweet gestures that came so suddenly made your cheeks burn as he gently placed you down.

Haganezuka grew more and more anxious throughout your afternoon. He felt like he could explode, but he kept himself together and turned over to face you.

"(Y/n)?" He called, causing you to whip around to look at him too. "Yes?" You smiled, causing Haganezuka to blush beet red. "I.. have something very important to ask you."

Your brows furrowed in confusion, "a-alright. What is it?"

"But," he paused, his hands hiding behind his back "before I ask you, I just wanted to.." his worlds trailed off and you began to feel even more curious, stepping closer and scanning his face for any answer.

Haganezuka took the ring from his pocket and fidgeted with it behind his back, thinking to himself: "this is it. I'm doing it."

His eyes met yours and you could tell this was serious. "(Y/n), you're crazy for loving me. I can't even begin with how crazy you are for picking me over any other man but I'm truly thankful you.. s-stayed by me after all this time." He began and your cheeks began to flush but now that he was talking, you felt anxious yourself.

"I drove a lot of people away because they have terrible taste in my sword making but unlike you, you saw the worst parts of me but still stayed."

"And... I just l-love you so much for that. For not running away."

Your heart pounded heavily in your chest, hoping this was leading to something amazing.
"I've had this on my mind for quite some time now and I just wanted to let you know that I'm ready.."

"Hotaru.." you smiled softly, moving closer to him than before.

"I'm ready... to be with you for the rest of my life so, would you please do the honors, of.. becoming my wife?"

There it was, the moment those words left his lips, you couldn't believe how happy you were. A wide smile stretched at your lips as you practically jumped into his arms. "Yes! I million times YES!" You squealed happily, and Haganezuka couldn't help but smile.

"Gosh I love you!" You beamed, cupping his cheeks and pressing your lips onto his. And feeling him smile against your lips, caused your heart to flutter. When you separated from the kiss, Haganezuka slipped the ring into your finger, and you happily examined your hand, happy that you were now his bride-to-be.

Suddenly, Haganezuka lifted you up and spun you around, before crashing his lips onto yours once more.

Now everyone in the Swordsmith village, didn't have to joke on how Haganezuka wasn't married yet.

Sorry this one kinda succed it was sorta hard for me to write his character but I hope you enjoyed nonetheless ;_;