𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗟𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗦𝗲𝗰𝗿𝗲𝘁 || 𝖣𝗈𝗎𝗆𝖺

𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧- 𝖣𝗈𝗎𝗆𝖺 -

𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗦𝗘𝗖𝗥𝗘𝗧
- 𝖣𝗈𝗎𝗆𝖺 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"HEY, I HAVE TO UH.. GET GOING NOW.."

you said, already beginning to walk backwards. Shinobu raised a brow as she watched you reach for the door. "Are you in a hurry?" You felt heat rise to your cheeks and shook your head. "N-no, I'm just really tired so, I'll be going now." You lied and took off into the night.

It was surely a dangerous idea to go out especially since it was night time and that meant demons would be running amuck. But you had a little secret. A secret you couldn't share with anyone, and especially the pillars.

It took some time but when you reached your destination, you slipped through the shadows of the dense forest, making sure you weren't being followed. It was quiet, too quiet as you walked through the bushes and shrubs. You gulped, even though you've done this many times before, you couldn't help but feel scared.

A sigh of relief left your lips when you arrived at the center of the forest where you'd meet your friend.

You spun yourself around wearily to check if he was there. "Oh~ you're early~" there it was, the voice you knew all to well. With a wide smile, you turned your heel to meet your secret.

"Douma!" You giggled and threw yourself onto his arms. "I've missed you.." you dug your chin onto the crook of his neck as he wrapped his graceful arms around you. He inhaled deeply, taking in your familiar scent. "It is so good to see you, my dear~" the way he spoke gave you butterflies.

You separated from the hug to look into his eyes which you seemed to get lost in every time. He chuckled quietly at your gawking face. "What is it my dear?" You only smiled softly and placed your hands on his cheeks. "I just don't believe it." You started, earning a curious look from the demon. "With how we managed to make this work.. you know being a pillar dating the world's most handsome demon."

A part of Douma felt extremely happy but another part of him made his heart ache. You noticed his expression had shifted into a light frown, causing your smile to fall. "Douma? Did I upset you?" Without a word he took your hands into his and kissed them lightly.
"I am extremely lucky to have you love me but, aren't you afraid, my dear?"

You scanned his eyes, urging him to continue. "I fear that one day you and I will be caught.. you might get hurt or worse, killed for being with me." You returned your hand on his cheek and moved it slightly to make him look at you properly. "-and the war between demons and humans. Won't that mean I'll be gone forever? You would be happier with a normal human, someone who can take you wherever you want in the daylight. To get married or start a family,  won't it be impossible?"

His lips began to waver, something you have never seen from the charismatic Douma. "Listen to me," you whispered, looking deeply into his beautiful eyes. "I will always love you, Douma. No matter what happens to me, or you." He smiled softly and brought his hand to pet your hair. "We'll make it work, somehow. I promise." You finished.

It would definitely be hard. He was upper moon two, the pillars knew of him. How could he hide and how could you protect him without their protests. It was impossible, but you were so in love that you didn't even want to think of the circumstances. At least not right now.

"Douma?" You called out to him, "yes my love?" Your eyes brimmed with tears, feeling pain sting in your heart at the thought of him getting hurt. "Will you kiss me?"

Douma's expression softened and you quickly crashed your lips into his. Something about the kiss was different, it was more passionate and needy than your usual kisses. Maybe because the thought of losing him felt like it would happen in a flash and you wouldn't get the chance to kiss him again. Douma kissed back with just as much love, and pressed himself onto you more.

Your hands fiddled with his golden locks, making his hat roll onto the grass. Your arms had found it's way around his neck while his hand rested on your nape while the other rested on your back.

You had managed to tackle him onto the ground, sending shivers down your spine. Then you both pulled away with blushing faces. You sniffled, and Douma shot you a sympathetic smile "oh? Tears for me?" You hadn't noticed you've been crying but he wiped your tears away with his slender fingers.

"You can turn me into a demon a-and we could hide and live together forever if something goes wrong.." you sobbed, digging your face into his chest. Douma could feel tears already threatening to spill out but they didn't. He only wrapped his arms around you tightly in a loving embrace. Even though what you suggested meant you could live together for as long as you lived, he couldn't imagine you turning into a demon, especially since he already loved you just the way you are.

"Hush now, my love~ shh, you're safe. I won't let you go," he ignored the suggestion, his voice coming out as a gentle whisper and a wave of warmth and comfort washed over you in an instant. "Please don't leave me, Douma.." you sniffled and his eyes fluttered closed.

"You deserve so much better, (Y/n), but I'll stay.. because I love you too much~"

"Oh Douma.. if anything were to happen to you I'll-" he cut you off with a hush before sitting up with you still in his chest. "Just, say that it's okay.. I just need to hear you say it.." you muttered, wiping away your tears after separating yourself from the hug.

"Okay," he grinned, his smile never faltering. "It's going to be okay, my love~" he told you and knitted his fingers with yours. "Okay," you chuckled sadly "I love you.."

Douma pressed a lingering kiss onto your lips before locking eyes with you again.

"I love you too."