𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 || 𝖨𝗇𝗈𝗌𝗎𝗄𝖾 𝖧𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂𝖻𝗂𝗋𝖺

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗗- 𝖨𝗇𝗈𝗌𝗎𝗄𝖾 𝖧𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂𝖻𝗂𝗋𝖺 -

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗣𝗥𝗢𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗘𝗗
- 𝖨𝗇𝗈𝗌𝗎𝗄𝖾 𝖧𝖺𝗌𝗁𝗂𝖻𝗂𝗋𝖺 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

AS THE NEW GENERATION OF PILLARS,

you had a lot of work to do, like going on nightly patrols, leaving to protect your assigned region, and going against lower moons. Today was supposedly going to be a tough mission. You received a report that your village was being attacked by a demon and knowing your parents were there, you had to go right away.

"I can go with you." Inosuke suggested, his hand reaching up to your shoulder as you packed your belongings. "Don't worry" you replied "I'll be fine. Nothing I can't handle."

You spun around and noticed Inosuke had a worried look on his face. "C'mon, we have so much work lately and we never really hung out as often as we used to." Inosuke took your hands in his and intertwined your fingers.

"Aww, that's so sweet.." you giggled and connected your lips with his in a chaste kiss. "Like I said, they might need you while I'm gone so, it's best you stay here." Inosuke pouted and squeezed your hand tightly. "There's plenty of us, I'm sure they can just assign someone else."

"Inosuke, don't be like that. Duty calls when you're a pillar."

"But I love you." He looked down onto the ground, a very disappointed look on his face "Is it so much to ask to just go with you?"
Your heart sunk into your stomach after hearing him speak so sadly. "Hey," you tilted his chin up, "trust me on this."

Inosuke knew that once you had your mind set on something, he knew you wouldn't change your mind, and so with a heavy sigh, he nodded. Quickly he pulled you onto him for a hug making you chuckle. "You're so dramatic, Inosuke. It's not like I'm leaving forever."

"Just, promise me you'll come back.... I need you to promise me."

You hugged him tighter against you "I promise." The both of you separated and Inosuke cupped your cheeks to press his lips onto yours, catching you by surprise. You happily kissed him back but before you knew it, he slid his tongue into your mouth. Your tongues swirled in perfect sync.

Just as Inosuke was about to drag you down onto bed, you pulled yourself away with a dark blush on your cheeks. "Pfft you're really trying to convince me huh?"

Inosuke let out a low chuckle. "Worth a shot.."

You then slipped your haori on and dusted yourself off. "Alright, I should get going."
Inosuke still had a sad look on his face as you stepped closer to the door. "I love you," you blew him a kiss before skipping towards the door and leaving the room.

When the door closed Inosuke sighed. "I love you too.."

It finally reached night time and that meant that you were already in your village to battle demons. Inosuke knew you were strong but there was a feeling of uneasiness that washed over him. He couldn't help but feel anxious.
Tanjiro and Zenitsu always told him that everything was fine and that there was nothing to worry about, but he couldn't quite let himself go like that.