𝗜'𝘃𝗲 𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗬𝗼𝘂 || 𝖪𝖺𝗂𝗀𝖺𝗄𝗎 𝖨𝗇𝖺𝖽𝖺𝗆𝖺

WARNING: CONTAINS MANGA SPOILERS

𝗜'𝗩𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨 - 𝖪𝖺𝗂𝗀𝖺𝗄𝗎 -

𝗜'𝗩𝗘 𝗠𝗜𝗦𝗦𝗘𝗗 𝗬𝗢𝗨
- 𝖪𝖺𝗂𝗀𝖺𝗄𝗎 -

· ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

KAIGAKU CLUNG TO A TALL BAMBOO TREE,

His foot pressed against it while his hand held onto it tightly to keep himself from falling. Down below was a large home. In front of it was a zen garden together with a large pond and a single bridge. At the other end of the bridge was a tall cherry blossom tree that sat on a hill.

He knew this home well, especially since it belonged to his former fling; a young woman named (Y/n) (L/n).

After he lost and surrendered to upper moon one, resulting in becoming a demon so that he may live, Kaigaku would often check upon your home every week to ensure you were out of harms way.

Though it had been a long time ago, he still missed you. He missed spending time with you, and sharing meals with you. Even when he had planned to propose, it was far too late. He couldn't come back and explain that he'd become a demon in fear that you might resent him for it.

It was better that you never found out so he wouldn't have to bare the pain of you hating him.

But tonight was different.

As usual, he watched from above, eyeing the porch where you and him used to sit at night and gaze at the stars. But what he didn't expect, was to see you appear from your door and tears streaming from your eyes.

Kaigaku's eyes grew wide and his lungs lose breath. "(Y/n)...?"

From the porch, you lingered by the wooden post, leaning against it with a tired huff. As much as Kaigaku wanted to run toward you and scoop you up into his arms, he couldn't. He just couldn't with his appearance and what he was now.

Who could love a demon? No human could love a demon. It was just impossible.
And that was why Kaigaku remained where he was, watching carefully with a heavy heart.

You then headed toward the bridge, your fingers brushing against the wood as you walked. It was a quiet and late night, your parents were asleep and you were free to do whatever you pleased.

Kaigaku couldn't help but follow you from afar, hopping from tree to tree like a ninja of sorts, his eyes never leaving your form as he did so. As always, he was captivated by you, and his lonely heart continued to starve and long to speak to you.