𝗠𝘆 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗦𝘂𝗻𝘀𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗲 || 𝖱𝖾𝗇𝗀𝗈𝗄𝗎 𝖪𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗃𝗎𝗋𝗈

WARNING: CONTAINS MANGA SPOILERS

𝗠𝗬 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘- 𝖱𝖾𝗇𝗀𝗈𝗄𝗎 𝖪𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗃𝗎𝗋𝗈 -

𝗠𝗬 𝗗𝗔𝗥𝗟𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗦𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗘
- 𝖱𝖾𝗇𝗀𝗈𝗄𝗎 𝖪𝗒𝗈𝗎𝗃𝗎𝗋𝗈 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"(Y/N)! PLEASE GET UP!! WAKE UP PLEASE!!"

Your cheek was pressed into the snowy ground and your leg badly injured. "Please! Get up!" You heard a voice calling out to you, it was Tanjiro's voice. He sounded scared and angry. Your eyes slowly opened, and you saw Rengoku battling with the demon. The sounds of flames and the swords hitting against each other pierced your ears as you slowly regained consciousness.

"T-Tanjiro?" You groaned, trying to get up with your shaky arms. Tanjiro though he was far away, he wasn't moving. Just as you were about to call out to him, Rengoku yelled, ordering him not to move otherwise he would die instantly.
Your mind wandered through what was going on and after a few seconds of thinking, finally you got it.

"(Y/n), stay back!"

No... no I won't let him die.

With all the strength you had, you fought against the throbbing pain at your abdomen and the stinging on your bleeding leg. "K-kyoujuro.." you gasped as your shaky arms successfully pushed your body up. Tanjiro watched you, his eyes glazed with tears; He was afraid that no one would make it out alive.
You clenched your eyes closed, biting your lip and hoping for the best. "Stay strong.. Kyoujuro!"

Rengoku looked badly injured but his fighting spirit continued to carry him forward but unfortunately, it just wasn't enough. In the blink of an eye, you heard Rengoku tell the demon that he will never be one of them and then there was a loud thud in the snow. Somehow, Tanjiro got up and chased after the demon. Hot tears began to roll down your cheeks as you completely ignored the pain and limped towards Rengoku.

"No!" You shrieked, hand reaching out to him before pulling him into your lap. "Hey, Hey! Stay awake! Don't close your eyes!" You took a hold of his hand while his eyes moved to look at you. His blood stained half of his face and the gaping hole in his chest shattered your heart. "No! You're gonna be okay!" You cried, resting his hand on your cheek.

"(Y/n)." He whispered, tears beginning to form in his eyes. You shook your head, denying the fact that he couldn't be saved. Not anymore.
"Listen to me.. please." His voice was now low and raspy. You hugged him closer to your body, cradling his head as his back rested on your lap. "Don't leave me, Kyou.. I need you!" Suddenly a weak smile made its way to his lips, even though he was slowly dying, he couldn't help but adore just how beautiful you were.

"I'm sorry, (Y/n).." he whispered. Your wails grew a bit louder as the younger demon slayers, Inosuke, Tanjiro and Zenitsu stood around the two of you in a semi circle, completely at a loss of words.

"Please.. don't go.."

Rengoku kept his eyes locked on yours before letting out a shaky breath. "Would you please.. sing for me.. for one last time?" He asked, his thumb caressing your cheek. "You know my favorite.. the one I used to sing to you.. every night.."

Every night he would have you resting on his chest while singing you to sleep. And now it was your turn to sing him to sleep.

You shook your head, you just didn't want to accept it. You kept telling yourself that he was going to be okay, but his tired eyes and cold hands told you otherwise. Your eyes slightly opened, looking down on your lover.

"Please..."

You kept your eyes locked on his fiery ones, he was practically begging you and so, you took a deep and shaky breath as you carefully pulled him closer to your body.

"You are my sunshine.. my darling sunshine,"

Now imagine, the both of you all bloody and bruised, Rengoku on your lap surrounded by flames and debris of the crashed train.

"You make me happy, when skies are Gray.."

Rengoku's eyes fluttered closed, simply enjoying his final moments with you. His  strength grew weaker and his body felt colder but you knew you had to keep singing for him.

"You'll never know dear, how much I love you.."

His breathing grew steady but weak, your eyes clouded with tears as they ran down your cheeks and dropped down to his bloody uniform. Rengoku had a single tear roll down his face, his hand pulling you closer to press your forehead against his.

"Please.. don't take my sunshine away.."

"I love you, (Y/n).." he breathed out, his hand slowly slipping from yours. "I love you too, Kyoujuro.." you whimpered, lips quivering and heart aching as you looked at him. His skin had turned pale and his lips remained parted. His hair still blew softly against the gentle wind while you kept his hand pressed onto your cheek and intertwining his fingers with yours.

And just like that, he was gone.

A few moments later, you lifted your head and closed your eyes before pressing a soft kiss to his lips for one last time.

Oh gosh I swear I hurt myself too much... why do I do this WHYYDBSIDNSIDB I just miss him like crazy and would literally do anything to bring him back..

Now excuse me while I go cry in the corner.