𝗕𝗼𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝗜𝘁 𝗨𝗽 || 𝖦𝖾𝗇𝗒𝖺 𝖲𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗓𝗎𝗀𝖺𝗐𝖺

𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗜𝗧 𝗨𝗣 - 𝖦𝖾𝗇𝗒𝖺 𝖲𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗓𝗎𝗀𝖺𝗐𝖺 -

𝗕𝗢𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 𝗜𝗧 𝗨𝗣
- 𝖦𝖾𝗇𝗒𝖺 𝖲𝗁𝗂𝗇𝖺𝗓𝗎𝗀𝖺𝗐𝖺 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

YOU AND GENYA NEVER EXACTLY GOT ALONG,

But you definitely tried to approach him on various occasions, hoping you could get him to be your friend or at least an acquaintance. Genya on the other hand, hated your cheeriness and often mistook it as stupidity and naivety.

He never gave you a chance and that's all you wanted.

Today was your birthday and you had invited all the hashira to have dinner in your place for a small celebration.

Genya though didn't want to attend, he kept going on about it being a waste of time, his brother Sanemi would often tell him to at least maybe talk to you but he wouldn't budge.

Unfortunately for you, even though he would constantly ignore you, or pretend you weren't there, or scoff at whatever you had to say, you had developed feelings for him.

You were confused about this as well but you couldn't help but fall for his snarky attitude that you found adorable.

You simply believed he was being closed off for a reason and you wanted to be the person he'd turn to whenever he needed it.

You smiled as you were greeted by the latest guests, Sanemi who entered the door with Genya in tow, sending a blush to your cheeks. He came.. he actually came.. "thank you so much for coming!" You chirped as Sanemi simply smiled at you and walked passed with Genya scoffing and looking the other way.

The celebration went well, Shinobu and Mitsuri obviously teasing and gossiping with you while the men drank sake and spoke about what you assumed to be manly things.

From the corner of your eye, you spotted Genya seated in the corner. He had his arms folded across his chest and didn't look too interested in joining the conversation.

"Umm, would you excuse me for a moment?" You asked the two girls next to you who nodded in response. They watched as you stood up and headed towards the boy they realized you've come to love.

Once you stepped into his bubble, Genya kept his eyes away from you, grumbling lowly. "Hi Genya," you smiled, but he kept his gaze away still. "Umm.. how are you enjoying the party?" You asked, already growing more nervous and awkward by the second.

It's not like this was the first time he ghosted you, but something felt off, it felt different compared to those other times.

"S'fine.." he grumbled before standing up and heading out the door. Everyone was too preoccupied with their own conversations to even notice you chasing after him.

"Genya!" You called out, jogging down the wooden stairs and following him through the gravel path. "Wait please!" You begged but he only ignored you once again. That was when you lost it, you were embarrassed and angry, fighting away the tears that threatened to spill out your eyes.

"Why do you hate me!?" You carelessly yelled, causing Genya to stop in his tracks. "Why?!"
He slightly turned his body around to look at you. It wasn't true though, he never hated you.

He just hated the fact that he was in love with you.

He hid his feelings by lying to himself, saying that you were dumb only to keep himself away from you. He secretly adored your cheery attitude, your witty comments and clever jokes that would get everyone laughing. And the way you smiled would always be enough to knock his walls down.

But he couldn't admit that. It was all because of his self centered pride. What would people think of him when they find out his complete opposite was who he had grown to love? He knew what it would do to his image and so he shoved his feelings in a bag and kept it to himself.

"Genya! Answer me!" You yelled, catching him by slight surprise. "Please! Just tell me why so I can get on with my life..."

Genya felt his heart beat violently in his chest at the sight before him. "Just leave me alone!" He yelled back, though that wasn't what he wanted to say. He was pushing you away again.

"You jerk! Shut the hell up and tell me!!"

He was taken aback by how you were acting. Thinking to himself that he finally pushed you off the edge.

He didn't know what to do until suddenly his body started moving on its own. He grit his teeth behind his lips and cursed to himself before finally deciding to face you.

"(Y/n).." he called, his voice now calmer than you'd originally expected. He stepped closer to you and noticed that tears had already been rolling down your cheeks. He swallowed the lump in his throat, thinking if now was a good time to say his true feelings.

"I-" his fists clenched at his sides. But his calmness was short lived "Oh dammit!!" He yelled, scaring you a little as you stepped a foot back. Genya then grabbed your forearms and looked you dead in the eyes.

"It's 'cause I like you damn it!!"

You felt your shoulders fall and your eyes widen, your once balled up fists now relaxing to let your fingers open loosely.

"I fucking like you okay?! You and your shitty jokes and your stupidly adorable smile! I hate all of it!"

You were completely speechless.

"It's because I know what chance could I possibly have with you?! I just hate myself for liking you, you dumbass!!"

"You make me weak, (Y/n)!! With you around how could I possibly scare people and fight them off?!"

He probably didn't think too much of it now, but ignoring the fact that he's literally yelling at the top of his lungs in your face about how he truly felt about you, only made you smile and your heart flutter. As he continued yammering away, you brought your hands to his cheeks.

He didn't flinch though, he just kept yelling.

"It's because I'm too much of an idiot for-"
You quickly shut him up with a kiss. The sudden contact made him freeze completely, and keeping him from kissing you back. Embarrassed, you pulled away only for him to pull you right back into him.

His hands held at your sides and he leaned in  closer, causing you to lean back down as if he was dipping you.

Your hands roamed up to entangle your fingers with his hair, causing him to groan at the soothing feeling. A few seconds pass and you both started to separate, eyes looking deep into one another.

You had a smile plastered on your lips while Genya had a look of bewilderment as if he was surprised at his own actions and was confused at the same time. "Sorry.." he breathed out, still wide eyed. You giggled while moving your arms to rest on his shoulders. "Genya.." you muttered, "did you really mean what you said? About liking me?"

"I did, (Y/n).. every word."

It's like he completely calmed down for once and it made you smile, being the first of the hashira to even see this Genya being dumbfounded and nervous.

Before Genya could even ask if you had felt the same, you threw yourself in for another kiss, which quickly answered his question.

Maybe this time, Genya wouldn't be too have to bottle up all his true emotions and about his image, now that it meant he could love you.