𝗡𝗼𝗶𝘀𝘆 𝗧𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝘀 || 𝖮𝖻𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗂 𝖨𝗀𝗎𝗋𝗈

𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦- 𝖮𝖻𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗂 𝖨𝗀𝗎𝗋𝗈 -

𝗡𝗢𝗜𝗦𝗬 𝗧𝗛𝗢𝗨𝗚𝗛𝗧𝗦
- 𝖮𝖻𝖺𝗇𝖺𝗂 𝖨𝗀𝗎𝗋𝗈 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

IT WAS TWO O' FOUR IN THE MORNING

and yet, you couldn't find yourself to sleep. Your mind went through all of the embarrassing and awful things you did as a child, leaving a sour taste in your tongue. You tried your hardest to shake them away, telling yourself that it's okay and it was the past but they didn't work no matter how hard you tried.

You groaned while rolling over to the side. Your lips rose into a smile when you spotted the man who laid next to you, Obanai Iguro who continued to sleep soundly beside you. His lips slightly parted as he breathed while his disheveled hair spread out on the pillow under his head. It took your mind off of things for a moment until they returned once again.

You cringed, sulking in the behavior of your past self. With a sigh you shut your eyes, believing that maybe if you kept them closed long enough, you'd eventually pass out.

A few minutes later, you still hadn't managed to sleep and your eyes fluttered open. Obanai remained in the same position, although this time his hand was slightly closer to you.

You reached over to brush his hair back, exposing his forehead. Raising yourself up slightly, you pressed a gentle kiss to it before carefully falling back down into the bed.

Suddenly Obanai's eyes opened, surprising you. "What are you doing?" His groggy voice sending a wave of comfort toward you. "I'm not sleepy.." you muttered, running circles in the linen with your finger. Obanai then reached out to run his fingers through your hair, "something wrong?" Your eyes met his once again and you told him. His expression fell sympathetic as he continued to look you into the eyes. "It's okay, (Y/n). Honestly." He started, his voice getting a little louder.

"Reflecting on your actions from your past life and knowing it was bad now just means you're a better person. You've grown."

A small smile tugged at your lips but he wasn't finished. He copied your smile before taking your hand in his.

"Regret is what makes us human."

You snuggled up to him and tangled your legs with his under the sheets, earning a soft sigh from Obanai. "There's nothing to be ashamed of when you're with me, (Y/n). Now hush and go back to bed."

You closed your eyes after whispering a quiet thank you and Obanai planted a lingering kiss to your forehead. "There, it's all quiet now. Goodnight, my love."
His gentle voice and warm embrace eventually lulled you into a deep and peaceful sleep.

Obanai kept his arms wrapped protectively around you, his chin resting on the top of your head before falling back asleep himself.