𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁 || 𝖦𝗒𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗂 𝖧𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗃𝗂𝗆𝖺

𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧- 𝖦𝗒𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗂 𝖧𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗃𝗂𝗆𝖺 -

𝗧𝗢𝗢 𝗦𝗛𝗢𝗥𝗧
- 𝖦𝗒𝗈𝗆𝖾𝗂 𝖧𝗂𝗆𝖾𝗃𝗂𝗆𝖺 -

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

EVERYONE ALWAYS THOUGHT IT WAS A MIRACLE

you even managed to get into a relationship with Gyomei, simply because of the fact that you we're definitely smaller than the gentle giant himself. Although Gyomei never thought much about it, you certainly did.

You were more insecure about it than you probably should be, And no matter how many times you told yourself what they thought about your relationship didn't matter, it would always find its way back to manifest in your brain.

You and Gyomei had just finished night patrolling and were already on your way back to where you would both be staying for the night. As you walked behind him, you couldn't help but feel small. You kept your eyes glued to the ground until Gyomei called out for you.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around to face you. "Are you alright my dearest?" His gentle voice somewhat soothed you. "Y-yeah I'm okay.."

"It's only me, my dearest. No need to lie." He then knelt down to meet your height. Although he was blind, he could see right through you. "It's just..." you blushed. "Don't people judge us for being together? Aren't I too.. short for your tastes?"

A smile tugged at Gyomei's lips when he caressed your cheek gently as if you were a porcelain doll. "I love you just the way you are, (Y/n) and I don't mind what they say about us. We love each other don't we?" His words brought a fuzzy feeling in your stomach. You stayed silent, not knowing what to reply with.

"Hey," Gyomei called, tilting your chin up with his finger. "I love you.."

A wide smile stretched into your lips before reaching up to cup his cheeks and press a chaste kiss to his lips. "I love you too.."

You both reached your quarters and were already laying in the futon. Although Gyomei had reassured you earlier, the thoughts came running back and kept you awake. You lay on your side, staring at the window showing the moon and the twinkling stars.

"You're still awake."

The sudden sound of Gyomei's voice startled you and you quickly sat up and ran a hand through your hair. "I couldn't sleep.." you responded, looking over to your lover.
"Are you thinking about it again?" He sat up as well and took your hand in his while placing his other hand over it.

"I'm sorry.." you muttered, feeling stubborn that you didn't take his words to heart as much as you thought it did, but Gyomei brought you flush against him, the steady beating of his heart and the warmth that radiated off his body comforted you. "No need to apologize, my dearest."

You wrapped your arms around him and buried your face into his chest. "Gyomei..." you whimpered, voice coming out muffled. He ran his fingers through your hair, soothing you even more. "As I've said before, what they think about us doesn't matter. It doesn't change the fact that we love each other, okay?"

You nodded, trying your best to tell your mind that repeatedly. "We're going to be okay and I promise to keep you forever, (Y/n)."
"Okay, okay.." you breathed, hugging him tighter.

You then looked up at him, the dim candlelight reflecting beautifully against his face. If he could see you properly, he would definitely say the same. Suddenly you jumped up into his arms, taking him by slight surprise. "May I kiss you?" Gyomei smiled softly at you and nodded, "of course you may." And just like that, you pressed your lips against his.

A soft sigh left your nose as you stood on your feet while Gyomei only kneeled on the futon with his hands securely wrapped around your waist. Some would say it was odd but in all honesty, your relationship was cute. Thankfully now, you had realized that.

Guess sometimes it wasn't all that bad to be too short.

Hey hey short gang! I'm 5'2 so, *jumps and high fives all you lampposts who read this*