Chapter 25

Still Sunday afternoon  
JORDAN'S POV
The tension in the car is thick and awkward. "Can you turn up the radio?" I ask. Demi turns it up a little. She keeps throwing Maddie questionable glares every few minutes. Maddie's face is red and she tries to hide it with her hair. When we finally get to the mall, Mom calls Dad,"Hey, babe. Sorry we had to take a detour and get Maddie, where are you."
She listens and nods. "Okay bye, I love you. See you in a minute."
She hangs up and we follow her to Panera. I smile at Dad and he nods but doesn't smile. Mom, Dallas, and Maddie go up to the counter to order. I go over and sit next to my dad. "Hi." He glances my way and nods. "Dad, I'm sorry."
"Are you sure? Because I wasn't so convinced earlier." He mumbles.
I rub the back of my neck, "Yeah. I've thought about it. I mean I don't agree with your point of view, but I could have been more respectful. I'm really truly sorry and I understand you are just lookin' out for me. I love you Daddy, I really do."
"I love you too, just try and be more respectful." I nod and lean my head on his shoulder.
Mom comes over with a tray of food, "Hey I ordered you a grilled cheese, an apple and Caesar salad. We aren't leaving till you eat all of your sandwich and apple, and some of your salad. You have to eat the whole sandwich."
I stare at the buttered bread with melted cheese. I look up before taking a bite to realize that everyone is waiting for me to take the first bite. I chuckle, "Too bad there isn't a candle, I would blow it out, so y'all could eat." Maddie laughs, but everyone else just waits. I take a big bite and chew it slowly. Then take a drink of my unsweetened tea. Then I take a bite of my apple. Then salad, and repeat the cycle. Everyone is finished my the time I finish my tea. I still have half a salad and sandwich to eat. I look over at Nick and he glances at me worried. I quickly assess the quickest route to the farthest bathroom. I take another bite of my salad and my eyes begin to water as I chew.
"Are you full?" Mom asks. I nod desperately. As tears begin to fall. She takes my trash and while her back is turned, I sprint to the JcPenny's which is on the other side of the mall. As soon as I get into the stall, I don't even have to use my fingers to vomit, it all comes up. I stop vomiting after a couple of minutes, I wash my hands and splash my face with water and take three deep breaths. I walk out of the bathroom and towards the middle of the mall. Dallas is basically running towards me. She engulfs me in a hug. I hug her back.
"Never do that again!" She says pulling out her phone. She pushes some buttons and says, "I found her. We're in front of Forever 21. Yeah. Okay." She hangs up. "Boy are you lucky I'm here, and that your Mom is freaking out about you and Maddie. She was really startled and upset when you ran." Dallas explains. I nod kinda speechless.
Mom shows up and just as I am about to say something, mom hugs me and whispers into my hair, "Please don't ever do that again, baby-girl. You've got to stop doing this. Please you are going to kill yourself." I nod and bury my head into her chest as I cry. I actually feel bad that Mom was hurt because of me. I didn't know that she even cared that much. Nobody really says anything about the incident. We go into Forever 21 and I follow Mom. She hold up a white dress.
"No, would never wear a white dress." I tell her.
"Okay, so you are willing to wear a dress though?" She asks.
"Yeah. I will, I mean I kind wanna change my style."
"Oh really, like what?" She asks.
"I was thinking punk rock, kinda like you." Mom beams and nods. We go over to the kids section and Mom holds up a black leather jacket, that is cropped.
"Yeah, I love that."
"How about this black dress, with these galaxy leggings with that jacket and white high top converse." Maddie suggest.
"I like that but I don't have white converse."
"Well then let's go to the converse store and get my new favorite only niece some white high top converse." Dallas says making me smile.
"Before we go the converse store let's get you some more clothes for your new style." Mom says.
We walk around the store and buy a few different colored skater skirts. Some lace leggings, band tanks, t-shirts and a maroon leather jacket with studded shoulders. We spend about five hundred dollars. Then we go to the converse store and I find a pair of teal converse and a pair of white ones with studs. Mom tells me to get more but I already have so much stuff. We get into the car and drive home in quietness. When we pull into the driveway, Mom says, "Hey Dallas will you take Jordan to her dance studio. Sign her up for more classes and a few competitions. Oh and get her some pointe stuff." Dallas nods and I smile. Mom and Maddie get out of the car. Maddie follows Mom inside with her head hanging.