Chapter 36

5:45 am Sunday morning
Jordan's POV
My alarm wakes me up. It's competition day. I shower slowly. Then get out and put on my leggings and my studio hoodie. I slowly creep into Mom's room.
"Mommy, get up." I whispers.
She sits up quickly, "What? What's wrong?" She asks.
"Nothing, I need you guys to be ready in an hour. So, it's time to get up."
"Okay. Nick get up." Mom says rubbing his cheek.
I leave them as they stumble out of bed. I go into Dallas' room and lay down next to her and comb my fingers through her hair. "hmm?"
"Time to get ready. We need to leave for my competition in an hour."
"Okay." she says through a yawn.
Now it's time to wake up my little aunt. I crawl into her bed and move the hair from her face. "Maddie," I whisper she turns around and pulls the blanket over her head. "Mads get up! You have to be ready in an hour."
"For what?" She mumbles.
"My competition."
"Oh, shit. Okay I'm up. I'm getting ready."
I leave her room and go to the kitchen and pour myself some coffee. I take my coffee to my room and turn on my curling iron, and check my phone, I have notifications from twitter and a text from Corrbin.
C- Hey good morning beautiful, hope you're ready for this competition, can't wait to see you.
I smile.
J- Hey. Morning, can't wait to see you. I can't wait for our dance.
I call grandma waiting for Corrbin to respond. She answers after the second ring. "Hello."
"Hey Nana, sorry it's late notice but I have a competition I was wondering if you wanted to go."
"Yeah, grandpa and I will be there. Where's it at and what time?"
"It's at the community center, starts at nine."
"Okay, dear. See you."
"Okay bye."
I hang up, "Who was that?" Mom asks from behind me.
"Grandma. Will you curl my hair?"
"Of course." I sit still while she curls it.
She's done within minutes and I smile at the results.
"Thanks mom."
"No prob. Why don't you go eat, then Dallas will drive you to the community center. We will be there before it starts."
"Okay, I have to do my make-up first and then I'll eat."
"Okay baby." she kisses my forehead. I apply foundation over all my scars and to my face and mascara. I pack my bag with my make-up and hair stuff, Mrs. Carter will have my costumes. I run downstairs and grab the bowl of fruit and make a small bowl and grab a cup of yogurt.
"Ready?" Dallas asks.
"Yep, let me refill my coffee." I do so and we leave.
"How many dances are you doing today?"
"Three, a contemporary, a duet hip hop and a solo hip hop."
"Okay cool."
My phone rings, "Hello?"
"Hey, where are you?" Mrs. Carter asks.
"Pulling in."
"Okay, I'll meet you at the door."
Dallas pulls up and I hop out, "Thanks be here by nine. Love you."
As soon as Mrs. Carter sees me, she smiles and starts talking, "This is a tough one. Your contemporary is first, your against Chanel, Dani, and Corrbin, hip hop is after jazz, and that's just you and Corrbin, and the duet you're not competing against anyone in our group. "
"Okay, you have my outfit?"
"Yes, go change."
I salute. I run into the dressing room and grab the bag and put on the cream colored dress for my dance, and dance shoes then open the door to Mrs. Carter. "Beautiful," she says adjusting my dress. "Okay, let me do your make up and then we can go to the team room." I nod and sit I'm front of Mrs. Carter and she applies a little make up, "You cover your scars?" She asks quietly.
"Yes." I say. Mrs. Carter knows about the cutting and scars, but she doesn't make a big fuss of it, "I'm two weeks clean."
"Good for you I'm so proud of you."
I smile. She finishes and we go into the team room of course everyone has split into groups. Chanel and her group turn their heads but glare when they see it's me and go on with their business. The juniors have split themselves into boys and girls. Corrbin is in the corner sitting with his eyes closed and headphones in.
As soon as the junior girls realize I'm there they all jump up and swarm around me, screaming, "Jordan! Look! At my dress."
"Jordan I got a solo!"
"Jordan, I missed you!"
I get down on my knees and I look at them. "one at a time."
"Me!" They all scream.
"Alex. You're first, then Amber, Tori, and Lilly. No more yelling."
"I finally big nough to do group." Alex tells me.
"Good job!" I high five her and she hugs me.
"I did too. It's hip hop." Amber tells me.
"Bomb dot com." I tell her, we do our hand shake.
"I'm doing the group dance and a solo." Tori tells me.
"That's my girl." We fist bump and explode it out.
"I'm in the group and a duet with Meadow."
"Omg no way!" She giggles and nods. "Where's Meadow?" They all point to the opposite corner of Corrbin.
I pass all the moms and I hear them talking to Mrs. Carter, "When is she gonna teach. I mean she's the best dancer in the studio. She choreographs almost all her dances."
I smile and sit next to Meadow, she lays her head on my arm, "What's up, Prairie?"
"Nothing. Just a duet, group and a solo."
"Yea! that's so exciting!"
"Shh!! I know... Calm, calm, Creek."
We laugh she is the only person besides my teachers and family who know my real name. Only because we have nature names we switch them around. She is my favorite, best dancer. I love this kid, she's nine and reminds me of myself.
"You're going to watch me right, sissy?" She asks quietly.
"I'm always here for you. Do you still have that phone I bought you?"
"Yeah, she's even more mean."
"Call me whenever you need me. No matter the time." She hugs me and I whisper, "I love you."
"I love you too."
"Solos are up. Tori, your number 17. Meadow, 18. Corrbin, 30. Jordan, 32. And Chanel 33." Mrs. Carter announces.
We do our chant, "We are number one! Let's go show these studios who we are!"
We go to the back of the stage and line up. I can't stop thinking about Meadow being in foster care. Corrbin turns to me and pulls me into a hug, "Up next is Miss Meadow Clark, with 'Out of My Mind'." Meadow walks out elegantly and does the dance beautifully with no mess ups. I clap proudly. People go next and I clap politely. Then it's Corrbin's turn. I give him a kiss before he goes out. He does his dance to 'Why' by Rascal Flats beautifully. I hug him as he walks off stage.
"That was amazing." I say, then kiss his cheek. He kisses me on the lips.
"Thanks."
"Sorry, I didn't get to talk to you before."
"It's okay. I can see you're very popular amongst the youngster."
"Yeah, it's kinda weird."
"Up next we have Miss Jordan Mendez with 'Chandelier' by Sia."
I give Corrbin a quick kiss and then skip out to the stage, smiling with wide eyes. The music starts and I get lost. until the music stops. I'm so lost in my movements that I barely notice until I hear Dallas yell, "That's my niece. Slay baby-girl, SLAY!" I smile and end my dance. As I walk off stage Meadow nearly tackles me.
"How did you do that? Oh my gosh that was so cool! You didn't even have music."
"I did have music in my mind."
Everyone else goes and I run back to the dressing room and change into my nude colored spandex and this very over sized white button down that comes to the middle of my thigh and high white socks that go to the middle of my calf.
I run out to the audience and in time to see the junior girls group. Meadow sees me and I wink. She winks back and the music starts and the kids do amazing. A few mess ups but not bad for a group of girls ranging from five to nine. I clap and then run over to Mom, "Get ready to have your mind blown."
"Already is!"
"So you think. "
I run back stage to Corrbin, who is wearing dirty khakis and a ripped tank and a short sleeve button up.
"Ready?"
"Yep." He kisses me and I smile.
"Now we have Corrbin Chandler and Jordan Mendez with 'Don't'."
We walk out together and I sit facing the back of the stage where as Corrbin is facing the audience. Right as the music starts and Corrbin starts dancing, Dallas yells, "That's my niece." I smile and start dancing. We finish, Corrbin and I walk off stage hand in hand. I listen to the claps and Mom and Dallas screaming. I know I have seven dances before I'm up again. I kiss Corrbin and run to the dressing room. I switch into tight leather leggings, a studded sports bra, then I tie my hair up into a bun and apply red lipstick and thick eyeliner. Then I put on my studded black combat boots.  Then I run back stage with one performance to catch my catch my breath. I stand next to Corrbin and I can feel him checking me out. "Now once again our last dancer is Jordan Mendez with 'Who's Laughing Now' by Jessie J." I walk out to the stage with a little bit of swag and do my dance. I walk off stage and back to the dressing room. I change back into my leggings and studio jacket. I go into the team room to find Mom talking to the other moms. I silently walk over and sit next to Corrbin in the corner. He smiles and hands me a Headphone. I put it in my ear. Listen to Mom sing and fall asleep on Corrbin's arm.
-30minutes-
"Babe wake up, Time for results."
I nod and sleepily follow everyone to the stage. Meadow sits next to me and Corrbin. "Okay, everyone we would like to give awards to the groups for groups 5-9, we have the girls from The Studio in first place. Meadow and the others hop up and smile. Solos, we have 9-12 Meadow in first. Tori in second. Then we have have 13-15 solos Jordan tied with herself getting first, in second place we have Corrbin and in third is Chanel. Now for duets we have Meadow and tori with first in the 5-9 age group. In first in the 13-15 age group with Corrbin and Jordan. The over all studio winner of this competition is The Studio."
It's been a super long day everyone meets in the team room and we grab our bags. I give Mrs. Carter, Corrbin, and Meadow a hug. I go find Mom, "Hey you hungry? Let's go to dinner."
"Mom, I'm really tired, can we just go home?" She nods. We go home. I snuggle into a blanket and fall asleep watching Criminal Minds.
-two hours later.-
I wake to my phone ringing. "Hello?" I ask groggy.
"River, help me! Miss Meredith is trying to find me."
****A/N*****
Hey guys,
So the pic at the top or side is Mackenzie Ziegler who is going to be meadow.
I hope you like this chapter. please tell me what you think. and what you think should happen next. and vote please. hope all is good.
-❤️Sydney