Chapter 5

JORDAN'S POV
When we get to the studio I stand behind Demi trying to fold myself into her as she introduces me to people. "Max, this is Jordan. Nick and my foster daughter. Jordan this is Max, my bodyguard."
Before I can say anything I assess this at leat six foot tall monster of a man. "Hi," I whisper staring at my feet like I'm a toddler.
"Oh and this is my other bodyguard Samuel, or Sam. This is Jordan." There's that name that makes my skin crawl I look up and start to tremble as I see the person who has tortured me my entire life. My heart begins to beat so fast I can feel it about to explode out of my chest. I still can not believe who I am looking at, "Sam?"
"Jordan?" He says with that predator look in his eyes.
He steps toward me and I panic. "No." I scream and collapse to the floor and begin to cry and hyperventilate, "Help! I can't, I can't breathe please." I beg. I just stare at Demi, "I can't breathe h-help!" I sob.
"It's okay Jordan." Sam kneels down beside her and tries to hold her hand.
"Don't fucking touch me." I snap glaring at him with pure fear, disgust, and hatred. Sam stands up and backs away. Nick starts walking toward me and I begins screaming, "NO! NOO! DEMI! P-please help me. Demi." I beg staring at her pleading.

DEMI'S POV
She's screaming. begging me to help her. I can't even think right not, but I scoop her up and take her out to the car. I buckle her in and began to drive. "Demi, please I can't I can't breathe."
I know how it is to feel like you are suffocating as you watch the would around you carry on. I have panic attacks and I don't know how to deal with another person. "I know baby it's scary. My momma knows what to do we're almost there." I call mom, "Mommy?"
"Demi? Are you okay?"
"Demi help me! I'm dying please." Jordan is hyperventilating now.
"Mom, I'm pulling up now, Jordan is having a panic attack and I don't know what to do."
I stop in front of the door and Mom darts out. She opens the passenger door and takes ahold of her hands. "Jordan honey, I'm Diana. You need to calm down."
She nods, "D-demi help me." she whispers.
I go around to the other side of the car and pick her up. Then I take her into the living room. I sit with her on the couch and that's when I remember how nick got her to calm down. "Jordan, match my breathing. In and out. One. In and out. Two. In and out."
"Three."
"In and out. Four. In and out. Five. In and out."
"Six. In and out."
"Sev--"
"Demi."
"Yes, baby?"
"I'm sorry."
"You don't have to be sorry. What happened."
She shakes her head, "I can't tell you."
"I can fix it. We can fix it."
"No, no you can't fix it. It's not something you can fix."
"Please let me try."
"I- he-it was him."
"Who? Max? Sam?"
"Sam... He's my umm.... Cousin. The reason I ran away from my Aunt's house."
"What did he do to you?" I ask only to have her panic.
"I think I'm going to be sick." She mumbles, then sprints to the bathroom.

JORDAN'S POV
'Don't tell her. You fat whore. She will hate you. She'll let Nick do the same thing Sam did to you. You stupid bitch. This can all end, cut. Just one slice and we will shut up.' I puke up the rest of my pizza.I sit beside the toilet and shut my eyes and cover my ears. 'Cut you know you want to feel the blood drip down your arm.' I scream, "STOP! STOP!" 'We're still here. We will always be here.' My past plays on the back of my eyelids like a movie and the voice are chanting. All I can think to do is scream over the chanting.

NICK'S POV
I pull up to Diana and Ed's house and hop out of the car. I'm so stressed and confused about everything is happening so fast. I get to the door and jump out of my skin as I hear a terrifying scream coming from the house. It brings tears to my eyes. I run inside and follow the scream to the bathroom door where Demi is pounding on the bathroom door shouting, "Mom! Get the key!"
"Move!" I say sternly.
"What? Nick. No"
"GOD DAMNIT DEMI MOVE!" She slides out of the way without another word. I kick the door and it swings open. I get down on my knees and crawl over to Jordan. She begins to scream, kick, and punch the air with her eyes closed. "Jordan, honey. JORDAN! Stop!" I grab her shoulders and shake her three times, hard. She chokes on her breath and finally opens her eyes and panics when sees me next to her.
"Don't -don't hurt me." She whispers.
I pull her into me and hold her tight."I would never. Jordan, I have never felt so connected to a human being that my wife ran over in my entire life. Granted I have and will only have one wife and she's only run over one person that I know. I have never felt like I have had my own kid and love a person as much as I love you. Even though I have only known you for five days, you are my foster daughter. I will protect you, love you and help you with every breath in my body. I will find the fucker that hurt you so badly and makes sure their life is a living fucking hell. Do you understand."
"Yes," she whispers.
"Who hurt you?" I ask softly.
"I can't."
"Jordan. Who. Hurt. You."
"Sam."
"Fuck, I'm going to kill him. What did he do to you?"
She begins to shake, "I-I can't. I'm so sorry."
"Nick, that's enough. We Will talk about this later. Let's go home." Demi whispers, although I'm fuming and don't want to wait till later I carry Jordan to Demi's car. Then I go talk to Diana about fixing her broken door.
When I get home I find Jordan fast asleep on the couch. Demi is pacing the kitchen. "Demi, what the fuck are we going to do?" I ask as demi turns to me. "I mean I know where he is if she is this afraid of him then we should have him investigated."
"Nick, calm down."
"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN! WE HAVE A GIRL WHO IS AFRAID OF A MAN WHO IS SUPPOSED TO PROTECT YOU!" I scream.

JORDAN'S POV
I wake up on the couch to Nick yelling, "Demi, What are we going to do?"
"Nick, stop yelling. Please, you're freaking me out." Demi says.
"DEMI, WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING."
"Nick help, please I c-can't breathe."
I sneak down to the kitchen doorway and watch. "N-nick." Demi hiccups and grasps her chest.
"Shit," Nick says as he places her in a chair. "I know demi, here drink some water." He instructed handing her water. "Breathe in and out, deep breathe."
They stare at each other until her breathing is normal again, "I'm sorry." She whispers.
"Baby, don't be sorry, I shouldn't have been yelling. I'm sorry." I stand there watching as they hug. Nick kisses her forehead.
"Nick?" Demi whispers.
"Yeah?"
"I love you."
"I love you, too."
I go back up stairs and laid in my bed staring at the ceiling.
"Jordan are you awake?" I nod.
"I know Nick said you don't have a choice but I need to know if you want to stay with Nick and me." I have never had someone care about me so much. I nod. "Good. That's what I needed to know. We can start making this room more like a room rather than a guest room." I nod again, "Try and get some sleep. We will talk the morning." I listen to something being slid onto the nightstand, "Here's your phone. Nick and my number are in there already. Goodnight."
"Thank you. Goodnight."
I wait,until I hear the door click shut. Then I roll over and come face to face a blue IPhone 5c. I pick it up and admire it like a newborn baby. I gently press the home button and the screen lights up, showing the time. It is 12:37 in the morning.