Chapter 30

JORDAN'S POV
Wednesday 11 am
"Jordan wake up. Your tutor will be here in an hour. " Dallas says shaking me.
"Then why are you waking me up now?" I mumble.
"Because."
"Fine." I roll out bed, go the bathroom, then throw on some sweats and go down and sit on the couch. I wrap myself in a blanket and stare at the black tv screen.
"Jordan."
"Uh?"
"You need to eat."
"I'm not hungry."
"I'm not going to fight with you. I'll let your mom know you did not eat breakfast. When your tutor gets here, you're going to do your school work, then you are gonna dance. I have to take Maddie to her show then get stuff for dinner. I'm making chicken pot pie, okay?"
"Yeah, whatever."
"Do I need to have Nick or Demi come home? Cuz this attitude is incredibly offensive."
"No, Just... It's whatever. I'm tired."
"Well... I'm sorry you had a rough day yesterday. Don't take it out on me. Okay? Thank you. Bye." With that she walks away.
I mumble, "Bitch."
"Woah! What's up with you?" Maddie asks.
"Nothing. Don't worry about me."
"Okay." She walks away and the door bell rings. I waddle to door with my blanket and I swing it open.
"Hey, River how are you?"
"Um, okay. I did the math worksheet. I stopped reading that story. I started reading the Hunger Games, I'm on chapter two."
"Alright, how about we get set up, in the dinning room. Will you get your Mom or Dad?"
"They're not here but I can get my aunt Dallas for you."
"Okay, why don't you do that and then get your school stuff."
"Okay."
As I run upstair and scream, "DALLAS!"
"oh my goodness! WHAT!" She snaps.
"My tutor wants to talk to you. Try not to be so aggressive sounding. Make a good first impression."
"Watch it." She says gritting her teeth. I go to my room to grab my notebooks, pens and stuff.
I run downstairs and listen to Miss Taylor, "So my mom has to go and run some errands. I was wondering if I could give her this address, so she could drop off my son."
"Yeah, your mom is the dance studio owner right? I mean... From what I know the people there have basically rasied Jordan to be the pretty amazing kid she is today."
"Thank you so much."
"By the way I was informed that she is supposed to eat lunch with you and dance. I need to take my little sister to her show and run some errands. Jordan is kind of in a mood today. So if she refuses to eat don't push her, but don't let her dance. When you are done can you text me, also will you text me if she doesn't eat, please." Dallas rambles.
"Yeah, no problem. If she eats I should be out of here by 2:30. If she doesn't I'll be out of here by one. Is she allowed home alone?"
"Yeah." Dallas says. I walk in and they both look at me.
"I have my homework. Dallas you can go away now."
"Watch it. I'm not kidding. I'll be home in a few hours." Dallas tells me then leaves the room.
"Whateves."
"I need to call my mom, Give me a minute. Actually, will you please start on this worksheet." I nod. "Hey mom, yeah. 8897 wilson street, just punch it into the GPS. Okay, bye."
"Miss taylor is this a six or a nine?"
"Nine time seven is?"
"63."
"Yeah, perfect." I finish the math work sheet, "Okay so what's going on in the hunger games." I tell her about it till we hear a honk. She goes out the front door and quickly comes back holding a little boy about two or three. "River this is my son-"
He cuts her off, "Carpenter."
"Well hey there, lil man. How are you?"
"Well, Momma, I hungry." He can't say his R's which makes hime ten times cuter .
"Well then... River lets take a break and eat." I sigh, and follow her into the kitchen. She makes peanut butter sandwiches, cuts us up some apples and broccoli. I eat three slices of apples and then a few broccoli.
"Jordan. If you want to dance today then you need to eat."
"I'm really not hungry." I mumble.
"Okay well. I guess we can't dance today, maybe tomorrow. Will you watch him for a second while I get your books out of my car."
"Sure." I'm mad that she won't dance with me but whatever. I need her to leave so I can go home anyway before Dallas gets back.
She goes to her car and I watch Carpenter eat, "You have a cool name." He says shyly.
"Thank you, I think your name is cool."
"It is cool. I have the best name ever!" he says through a mouth full of apple. I giggle. He stares at me, "I like when I get to go to the river. I get to splash the water. Momma doesn't let me splash water at home."
"I like to go the river to fish."
"I never did that."
"It's fun."
"Why you not eat?"
"I'm not hungry."
"Oh, you're very very pretty, but not prettier than my mommy."
"Well, thank you. I think you are very handsome." He smiles widely.
Miss Taylor comes back and goes to the dinning room. She opens up two book and puts a stick note. I go in and Carpenter follows, "Okay, so this is your math book. You need to do the problems I wrote down by Thursday. This book is your literature book, you need to read this poem and then answer the questions, on this page."
"Momma, River says I'm handsome." He smiles.
"Well, that is very true."
"Okay. I'll have it all done."
"Okay. Carpenter and I are going to go. You have a good day."
"Okay, bye Miss Taylor." I walk her to the door. Then run up stair change, grab my backpack, throw my phone, ipod, a hoodie, six hundred dollars from my stash. I throw the bag over my shoulder, then I go into my closet put  some vans and grab my longboard. I go to the kitchen and grab two water bottles.
I get a sticky note off the counter and write: I'll be home later, love Jordan.
I grab some tape and stick it on the door and go...

****A/N***
So yeah. I wonder what she needs that much money for????
Or maybe where she is going???
Idk, 😁
Vote!!
Comment what you think is gonna happen, or what you think dallas, nick, or Demi are gonna do....
Have a great day!