Chapter 27

Sunday evening
DEMI'S POV
"So boyfriend?" I ask sitting next to Maddie at the kitchen table.
"Yeah, his name is Danny." She mumbles.
"He's twenty."
"Yeah, but Wilmer was older than you and you guys dated and for like three years, and I love him."
"Mads you don't even know what love is. I'm going to tell you something's that I have never told anyone. Wilmer was older than me and I thought he loved me, because I truly loved him. But he didn't love me, he loved my body and need for attention. He loved how he could get me to do anything."
"Danny isn't like that. He loves me he really does. He is the one who when all I wanted is to be loved. He makes me feel loved." Maddie says with watering eyes.
"What do you mean?"
"I just want to be loved. He pays attention to me. He loves me. Mom is just pissed because I want to stop acting. I just want to be normal, you know. I want to focus on ariel, dance and school. I just want her to be okay with that. When I told her I didn't want to act any more, you wanna know what she said? She said that I just wanted to be able to run around and be a slut, and be an animal. If I quite acting I would disappoint her. Do you know how painful it is to hear someone say that if you quite something you are not passionate about, and have them say that they will be disappointed if you quite to do things you are passionate about? It fucking hurts Dem. Like what the fuck? All I do is sit in my room in the dark and watch Netflix, until I can sneak out and see Danny.
"Have you drank with him?"
"Yeah, but I didn't like the way it made me feel. Before you ask yes, I have smoked pot, but I don't like how I feel. Like I have no control over anything and how tired I get."
"He is a bad person. He is taking advantage of you, just like Wilmer did to me. It will only get worse from here on out. I'm going to be very blunt with you right now. This is not a fucking game. This is a lose, lose situation. Right now this is a love game to you and a lust game to him. This is how the fucking game starts and you saw how it ended for me. I didn't one day just wake up like yeah, I want to drink an entire bottle of vodka right out of the bottle, or wake up just like yeah I know I have the money to buy coke, just because that's what I want to do. No, this Danny dude is what Wilmer was to me. First it is fun, he makes you think that he actually loves you. Then he wants more and you will say no. Then when he wants more and will not give you drinks, weed, or drugs, till you do say yes. Then once you say yes, you don't ever have a chance, to ever say no. I'm not letting you turn out like me. I fucking won't. You will not be like me. I love you and if that means that I have to prove it. I will, starting with you staying here till school starts. We can spend time together. I love you more than anything."
"So you want me to break up with him?"
"Baby-girl it's for the best, I promise."
"What if he really loves me?"
"Mads he lust you. You are young and easy to persuade. That's the only reason he acknowledged your presence in this world. I'm sorry that sounds horrible, but it's the truth."
"I trust you, Demi."
"You can stay with us till school starts. I will talk to mom about the acting situation. Right now you are gonna call that Danny dude and end it."
"Okay. Demi, Mom is gonna be pissed."
"It's fine. I'll talk to her. Go to the guest room and call him, while I make dinner, but first give me a hug." I pull her into me and squeeze, only to realize how thin she has gotten. I will just talk to her later, "I love you."
"Okay." She mumbles, which breaks my heart because that means that she really doesn't believe me.
I pull out some chicken broth and chicken when I hear Dallas scream, "Jordan's got a crush. She needs her phone and dance studio back!!"
"Can you not just be normal for five seconds? New crush?" I ask.
"It's not a crush just a pretty new boy dancer at the studio asked from my number. So I gave it to him."
"It was so adorable! They we're talking and giggling and flirting, and he is a dancer!" Dallas rambles.

JORDAN'S POV
"Ugh, it's nothing. Where's maddie?"
"Upstairs." Mom says eyeing Dallas.
I turn like I'm walking away, bound the corner then run back and jump into a hug on Mom," Thank you, Mommy. I love you! You are the best Mommy ever. I'm going to try really hard to be better, I want to be strong like you."
"I'm proud of you. What classes did you sign up for?" She asks.
"Well, I only signed up for one new class which is beginners pointe. Then I signed up for a competition this Sunday and one for a Sunday in two weeks."
"Okay so you are gonna need to be at the studio a lot these next couple weeks?"
"Yeah, bright and early tomorrow, after court Tuesday, and after school Wednesday and Thursday, and all day Friday. I'll ask Mrs.Carter about the fees and costumes tomorrow."
"Okay, let me know. Can you make me a calendar for me, so I can set stuff up for transpiration and stuff. Soon we will need to be talking about the school situation and what you want to do."
"Okay Momma. I'm going to chill with Maddie. Is she in the guestroom?"
"Yeah."
I run up the stairs and burst into the guest room to the most heart breaking sight of my life. My little aunt bawling in the corner with her knees to her chest.
"Don't tell Demi." She hiccups.
"What's wrong?" I ask shutting the door. I sit down in front of her.
"I just broke up with my boyfriend. He told me to fuck myself, and that when I realized no one loved me to just kill my self. I'm just tired of thinking."
"Maddie, I love you. Do you want to watch a movie in my room? Mom won't bother you if you're with me."
"Yeah, I'll meet you in there, I'm gonna wash my face and change."
I nod and go to my room. On my desk is my phone, with a new text from an unknown number that must be Corrbin and a post-it note.The note says:
Jordan I only gave your phone back because you are going to have a tough couple months. I hope this "crush" is a good thing. I hope everything you told me it true, keep trying baby-girl I love you.
~Momma
I smiled at the note. Maddie comes in and I put on 'Nemo' as the movie starts I finally read the text.
(C-Corrbin and J-Jordan)
C- Hey, I hope this is Jordan, not a fake number. LOL. This is  Corrbin, text me back when you get a chance.
J- Hey, it is Jordan. Why would I give you a fake number?
While waiting for his response Maddie snuggles into me. It was awkward at first, but in the end we are family. I embrace her snuggles. I don't know when we fell asleep but I wake to quiet giggles and a flash. "Ugh, Mom what the fuck."
"That's a quarter." She says sternly.
"I'm sorry. Momma I'm tired."
"I know baby but it's time for dinner. Maddie, wake up and come eat."
"Ugh, fuck what time is it?" Maddie groans.
"It's 7:45 come eat. Then you can go back to sleep."
"Fine." Maddie and I moan as we stubble downstairs to dinner, to find Grandma and Grandpa.
Maddie stops, "Demi, I'm not eating with her." She says it loud enough for Nana to hear.
Before Demi can say anything, "Maddie you can sit next to me. We don't have to talk. We just need to eat. Then we can go back to sleep."
"Fine."
We walk slowly into the kitchen, and sit down. I know something is going on. "So... How about we say grace and eat." Nana says.
"I'm sorry but I don't do that."
"Well... Just bow your head, while we grace our food." She says sternly glaring at me with that famous eyebrow raise.
"Okay." Nana prays and we eat in silence. Maddie and I go to my room after and go to bed.