Ch.56 Just Talking Some More

Start from the beginning

"..."

"What?"

"That could be important and you don't care?"

"Well, you want to go see?"

"..."

It could just be nothing...or a trap to lure us out.

"Actually, if it's night time now, now's the perfect time to go out for a bit."

"Go out?"

"That's right. If we go to the library now, we can get some information. We might be able to find my zanpakuto. Then I can truly protect you and help Ichigo fight if he needs it. So, what do ya say?"

She smiles, waiting for my answer.

"...Okay, but we must be careful."

"Got it!"

Nagi and I leave, after explaining to Yoruichi where we were going.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

We made our way to where the Seireitei keeps most of it's information surprisingly easy. Once there, Nagi grabbed a bunch of books and files and sat them at the desk we were sitting at. Together, we look through them.

However, after about ten minutes...

"I give up."

"We barely even read 10% of what you placed in front of us."

"Well, I was never really the reading type. I brought you here so I didn't have to do any reading."

"..."

Picking up the heaviest book I could find in the pile, I throw it across the table. I hits Nagi straight in the face before she falls over in her chair.

"Ow~, I'm sorry, okay~?"

"Idiot, keeping reading."

"Aw~." she whines, standing up.

I pick up a file and begin going through it as Nagi fixes her chair.

"..."

I stop once I come across a picture of a man. I take a glance at Nagi before looking back at the man.

...She looks like him... That must be...

I read the file that came attached. Sure enough, it was Nagi's father. It had all kind of information about him. It even had the details of his death. With that, was Nagi's information.

"I...think I found it."

"Really? Give it here!"

She snatches away before I could read any more of it. I watch as her eyes quickly scan the file.

"...So, that's where it is... Central 46 is as cruel as ever."

"Central 46?"

"They basically run everything in the Seireitei under the Soul King's will."

"Soul King?"

"No time for that. Let's get back to Ichigo and Yoruichi."

"Okay."

Putting everything back in it's place, it was like we were never here. We leave the building and step outside.

"This is great! I know where my zanpakuto is! After some training, we can save Rukia and get my zanpakuto back!" Nagi happily cheers. "Then home sweet home!"

I glare at her.

"Shout louder, Nagi, I don't think the entire Seireitei heard you."

"Oops."

"Who are you? And why are you out here so late?"

The two of us freeze.

Dammit, Nagi.

We turn to find a soul reaper boy, with white hair, wearing a captain coat, and carrying an unconscious girl on his back. Next to him was a woman with long blond hair and...a large chest that needs to be covered.

The woman was the one to question us.

Think, Emiko. What to say, what to say. First, did they hear what we said?

"Hello, Captain...Captain! Lieutenant...?"

Nagi's going to get us killed.

I smack her head.

"Ow~, why~?"

"I apologize for my idiot of a squad mate. My name is Emiko Chiasa, sadly this is my older step sister...Kaori. We're members from squad four, Captain Unohana had us pick something up for her here."

The woman looks us up and down.

"Is that so?"

Good, it looks like they didn't hear us before.

"That girl," I quickly change the subject. "Is she alright?"

The boy looks between Nagi and I.

"She'll be okay. You two should finish your errand for Captain Unohana and head back to your homes immediately, it's too dangerous out here tonight."

"Yes, Captain." Nagi and I bow our heads.

Grabbing my wrist, Nagi quickly flash steps out of there.

~~~~Third Person P.O.V.~~~~

The woman and boy simply watch as Emiko and Nagi leave. Grabbing the handle of her sword, the woman addresses the soul reaper boy.

"Shall I chase after the Ryoka, sir?"

"..."

"Captain?"

"For Ryoka, you'd think they'd lie better... Let them be, they don't seem like a threat. We have more important matters to attend to."

The lady let's go.

"Alright, Captain."