C H A P T E R 30

Welcome to Manhattan

"Maybe I'm too busy bein" yours to fall for somebody new." -Arctic Monkeys

ALESSANDRA ROMANO

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

ALESSANDRA ROMANO

Manhattan is in a league of its own. I've been here with my papa a handful of times for business but this, this is different. The crisp air keeps my face cool as I take in the Oberoi Estate. It's not common for wolves to live in cities because there is never enough land to let your wolf free. However, as I look around it's visible that there is more than enough space for wolves to roam. In fact, I'm sure this much land could classify as its own state.

I watch Zane take in everything as we drive towards the mansion, but his face shows no emotion.

"We are a happily mated couple. Got it?" Zane whispers to me.

"Got it."

I know that the Oberois were cutthroat. They are part of the Moonlight Pack which stretched from New York state to New Jersey. The Oberoi family immigrated from India a couple of hundred years ago. Since then they've made it to the top becoming one of the richest families in America. An Oberoi is always featured in Forbes Magazine for their success in the business world and dazzling lifestyle.

Humans admired them and the supernatural world looked at them with a mixture of awe and confusion.
Why in the hell would werewolves want to mingle with humans? Looking around the giant estate I understood why.

It was amazing if you thought about it. The Oberois immersed themselves in a life full of lavish cars and houses. They weren't an alpha family but the money they acquired over the years made them an asset to the pack. Yet no one could have anticipated that this luxurious lifestyle would grow so large. So large that they surpassed the alpha family in terms of wealth and eventually in power.

I'm not sure if they knew it or not but as the Oberois wrapped the human world around their fingers they were doing the same to us wolves. Ever werewolf female drools over the Oberoi brothers while the males obsess over the Oberoi sister who was a well-known philanthropist and model. Every year, werewolves tune in to watch the Chandani Ball through wolf news channels.

"Wow, I can't believe I'm here," I whisper to myself.
Zane scoffs.

"Don't tell me you're one of those girls who is obsessed with the Oberois."

"Sorry to tell you but every girl is obsessed with the Oberois, werewolf and human alike."

"Why? They're just a family with too much money to spend."

I gawk at him.

"Wow, you really are clueless. Aradhya Oberoi is a fashion icon and an award-winning director. Her husband, Chandra is one of the biggest businessmen in history. Their kids are also amazing. Aashni Oberoi is a model and she is a part of so many charities. And the Oberoi brothers? Wow Taaran and Rivan Oberoi are the dream! Did you know they funded the search for those girls that were trafficked all those years ago? And they are so dreamy..."