C H A P T E R 37

Siren's Call

"She's everything, you dumb son of a bitch." - Mal Oretsev (Shadow and Bone)

" - Mal Oretsev (Shadow and Bone)

ZANE DE LUCA

She needs help.

I receive a message from Jaden through mind link and almost stumble.

What?

Alessandra, we are at the abandoned training facility. Her heat is acting up.

He's with her.

Stay the fuck away Jaden.

I'm trying my best.

You touch her and I will skin you alive.

I know. Hurry.

I do not respond, instead, I take off towards the building in my wolf form. The cold mud presses against my paws with every step. I'm not even that close to the facility and I can already smell Alessandra's heat. It calls to me like a siren and much like the sailors who were fed on by the beautiful creatures, I'm unable to resist.

As I draw closer, I see the poorly maintained building come into view. I shift back into my wolf form and consider going in naked, this is pretty urgent. However, I think if I want even a slim chance of resisting my mate I'm going to need all the layers I can get. I hurriedly pull my jeans up and rush to the shack.

Jaden looks like he is on the verge of becoming feral. His hands are tightly clamped around a bar that was once used for pull-ups. He holds onto it with every fiber in his being. The second he sees me, he dashes off into the woods, the dirt leaving a cloud behind in his tracks.

Smart man.

"Zane," Alessandra whispers. Before I know it, I'm in front of her. Her body is covered in a layer of sweat which might seem unattractive but it's actually quite the opposite. The sweat sticking to her body is what releases her sweet smell. I can feel my wolf trying to break free and take control but if I've learned anything over the past two years, it's restraint.

Alessandra's hair is splayed around her head on the dirty floor but all I can imagine is holding it in a tight grip as I thrust into her. I lower onto my haunches and bring her up so she's kneeling. She can barely support her own weight so I reach around to her back and press her body into mine. Then I wrap her legs around my waist and stand. She sighs.

"More," she whimpers.

Goddess give me strength.

I walk with her in my arms towards my house. It's slightly secluded so I do not expect anyone to be there at this hour.