C H A P T E R 32

Before the Storm

"Although we've come to the end of the road, still I can't let go." -End of the Road

Rosanna,

I cannot bear the pain sometimes. It feels as if I'm drowning in pain that seems to have no end.

I would do anything to smell your scent, to stare into your dark eyes as you look at me with wrongs. I have many regrets but I plan on mending my wrongs.

Ti amo.

-Lorenzo

ALESSANDRA ROMANO

ALESSANDRA ROMANO

It was the day of the ball. I could barely sleep last night from the excitement pumping in my heart. I could not wait to see the dress I was given but before that happened I had to attend a spa day with the rest of the lunas.

My phone dings and I enter my passcode to see who had messaged me.

Vincenzo: How's it goin Alessia? Is my cousin giving you a hard time?

Alessandra: He's his usual grumpy self and I'm doing great.

Vincenzo: Can't wait to see your pictures from the ball, I'll be watching it all go down online.

I missed Italy. The country had become home in the two years I was there. Most of all I missed Lake Tahoe. It had been so long since I had run through the woods or just sat by the lake taking in the beauty nature had to offer. I promised myself I would spend some time with nature once I got home.

Someone knocked on my door and I was met with an unfamiliar face.

"Hi! I'm Lian from the Moonlight Pack."

I pondered for a second as I remembered who she was. I've never met her but I studied the people attending to be prepared in case anything happens.

She was the luna of the pack and from what I've heard she was a talented mixed martial artist who was known for her tact. Her dark raven hair flowed down to her hips and her eyes stared at me with caution. She wasn't here for a friendly conversation but rather for information about me.

"I'm Alessandra from the Blood Moon Pack. It's great to meet you! I've heard about your talented kung fu moves Luna Lian," I tell her, intentionally dropping the fact that I know about her.

"Thank you, I was there at one of your races actually, you're a very fast runner," she says with a smile.

"Thank you I've been practicing all my life," I respond.

"Well, I came here to ask if you would like to walk down to the spa room with me?"

"I would love that," I say. I grab my bag and close the door behind me.