Chapter 13: Star Gazing

13 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"What's that one?" Harry points to the brightest star in the night sky.

"Sirius."

"And that one?"

"Vega."

"How do you know all this?"

"Astronomy books and to many nights spent sitting on my roof."

"Aren't you afraid of heights?"

"Yeah. Sitting out there was better then being inside listening to my parents fight though."

"I'm sorry love."

A kiss is pressed to my bare shoulder as Harry's arms wrap more tightly around my waist.

I lean back, letting my back sink farther into his chest. My hair is brushed away from my neck, Harry's head resting on my shoulder.

"I love you." He says quietly.

"I love you." I turn my head to the side, pressing a kiss to his jawline.

We gaze back up at the sky, content to lay on the outdoor couch in silence.

The view is amazing. No lights or clouds masking the bright glow of the stars above us.

I love this. Having Harry all to myself.

My Harry.

The one who snores softly when he sleeps on his side. Who likes to drink the fizz off the top of soda before it disappears. Who laughs to himself as he thinks of a new joke.

Who's fingers endlessly skim across my skin whenever I'm within his reach.

The sound of Harry's phone ringing brings me out of my little daydream.

I move to reach for it, but Harry's hand gently grasps my arm, stopping me.

"Leave it."

"But maybe it's..."

"It's not." Harry cuts me off. "It's management. Bloody wankers won't let me be."

"What's the big deal? They've been calling nonstop."

"No clue."

"Maybe you should just..."

"Don't want to talk to them Av. Not right now. Later.. When we get back."

The ringing stops and Harry lets out a breath of relief.

"You sure there's not anything wrong?"

"There's... There's not. I need to have a wee."

I move forward so Harry can climb out behind me, his footsteps quickly taking him inside the house.

I lay back, dropping my head on to one of the soft pillows as I look out over the ocean.

Something's going on. I know it.

I wish he would just talk to me, but I understand why he won't.

It's most likely about nonsense, it usually is with management. Nothing worth talking about on our honeymoon.

I jump slightly as his phone rings again, it still sitting on the small table next to the couch.

I can't believe them. Bothering him now. Do they really have so little respect?

What am I saying? Of course they do. They treat Harry terribly. Have since the day I met him.

And I'm done with this shit.