Chapter 21: Overwhelmed

-Ava's POV-

I'm overwhelmed.

So many emotions course through my veins as Harry's lips caress mine.

His face is wet from his tears. I can feel them on my thumb as it rubs across his cheek comfortingly.

His shirt is damp as well. Proof his tears were not just for show. He'd been sitting out here for hours thinking about what he'd done. Regretting it.

I'm still so upset with him. So angry. So hurt. What he did was so wrong. He promised me. He broke that promise.

I'm still so hurt. Still overwhelmed by so many emotions.

But in this moment.... my love for him outweighs it all.

I'm not sure why or even if it should, but it does. I love him.

I hate what he's done... But I love him.

When our lips finally part we both quietly gasp for breath. Harry's eyes scanning over my face, afraid of my reaction.

When our eyes lock, I don't think. I do something I've rarely ever done. Something I've only done for Harry.

I follow my heart.

He gulps as I stand up, throwing the blanket that was wrapped around me over my arm.

He looks so afraid.

He starts to open his mouth, searching for words to make me stay but I just shake my head.

I'm not staying.

Nothing he could say could make me stay.

But I'm not leaving him either.

I lean down, gripping his fingers with my own. Gently tugging him towards the door.

His eyes widen in shock as he stares at me.

One more soft tug pulls him out of his daze and he quickly stands to his feet.

Neither one of us say a word as we step inside the house. As the door is closed behind us.

The sound of our footsteps and Harry's sharp breaths is all I hear as my hand grasps his, leading him up the stairs.

As soon as the bedroom door is closed behind us he freezes. His hand leaves mine as I walk across the room to the bed.

I can see his chest moving up and down rapidly, the moonlight casting sharp lines across his clothed torso.

I don't speak, I just wait for him.

Pulling my thick socks off and dropping the blanket down onto the bed. Standing next to it as his eyes stare into mine.

"You.." His voice cracks, his nervousness apparent in his tone. "Baby, you sure about this?"

I nod, feeling my heart rate pick up.

He watches me intently as my hands move underneath the sides of my cotton babydoll dress. Not blinking once as my thumbs hook inside the sides of my underwear, slowing bringing them down my legs and letting them drop to the floor.

I wipe my eyes as Harry shakes his head.

"Av... This... this isn't right. You're upset. You're real upset love. I'm..." He closes his eyes, blinking a few times as he tries to keep his focus. "I can't... won't take advantage of you like that."

"You love me?" I ask quietly.

"Yes baby. Course." He walks over to me, looking down at me as he pushes my hair off my shoulder. "I love you so much."