Chapter 69: Just Us

2 Weeks Old

-Ava's POV-

"You sure it's working?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Battery might be dead."

"You just put new ones in it right?" I question, referring to the baby monitor.

"Yeah, but I.... I think I'll just check on her right quick."

I smile, shaking my head a little as Harry pulls himself up off the couch. We've only been home from the hospital about eight hours, Lennon's only been asleep about eight minutes, but neither of us can stop checking on her.

We were ecstatic when we were finally told we could bring her home. She was still so so tiny but now able to breathe easily on her own.

She was healthy.

Somehow word had gotten out she was being released from the hospital today. Paps and fans were lined up outside the front doors, all eager to get a first glimpse of the Styles baby.

But Harry was smarter then them, having planned out our unnoticed departure from a back emergency exit that was never used. We drove away without a single person spotting us, both breathing a sigh of relief his little plan had worked.

The house Harry rented south of London in the small village of Alfriston was another part of his plan. No one had any clue that's where we were headed as soon as we left the hospital.

Anne had the kitchen already stocked with food, along with anything else us or Lennon would need to be comfortable.

We didn't know how long we would have before someone found out where we were staying. But when they did, Harry had another place already lined up, ready for us to escape to.

That was our plan for the next eight weeks.

Stay as low key as possible. Focusing on our little family and nothing else.

Harry would only have to leave twice in the next two months. A few days in New York and LA for their new album release.

I knew it would be almost impossible for him to leave when the time came, but I was hoping the assurance Anne and Gemma would be staying with me would ease his mind a bit.

"She's still asleep."

I glance up to find a yawning Harry stepping back into the living room. "Bit knackered myself. Let's go to bed yeah?"

I nod, snatching the baby monitor off the table next to me as Harry offers me his hand. I take it, letting him pull me up off the couch and lead me towards the master bedroom.

Once we've completed our nightly routines, Harry tosses me a shirt to sleep in and we slide into bed.

As soon as the covers are pulled over us an arm wraps around my waist and I'm tugged into a firm chest.

"Been a bit since we've shared the same bed hasn't it?" Harry pauses, his hot breath hitting the back of my neck. "Like... almost three months."

"Yeah, was weird..." I nod slightly as I place my hand over his, "Sleeping alone for so long. I hated it."

"Me too."

"I missed you." I breathe out, letting my body relax into his.

"Missed you too. Love you baby."

"Love you."

A soft kiss is pressed to my shoulder as Harry's arm tightens around me. And for the first time in what feels like forever, I drift off to sleep feeling completely safe.