Chapter 16: "Just tell her."

14 Weeks Along

-Zayn's POV-

I pause as the couch dips next to me, waiting for the movement to cease before continuing to draw on my arm.

"Thinking about getting a new tattoo?"

I glance next to me, a bright smile spread across Ava's face.

"Just bored mostly." I hold my arm over towards her so she can see the small drawing on the underside of my wrist. "Fan actually drew it. Sent it to me on Twitter. Wicked yeah?"

She nods, her eyes scanning the black sharpie marks littering my skin. "You know it's pretty unfair... You being so good at both singing and drawing."

"That so?" I chuckle.

"Most people don't even have one talent. Let alone two."

I raise an eyebrow at her, putting the cap back on the pen before sitting back on the couch.

"Out with it."

"Out with what?" She questions, sitting sideways on the couch.

"You want something."

"Why would you think that?"

"Buttering me up.. Singin my praises. Last time this happened you told me I should break into modeling... Right before you begged me to help you throw all Louie's clothes out the bus window."

"That was hilarious!" She laughs at the memory. "Remember the look on his face?!"

"Yeah... Till I realized you had grabbed my bag instead of Louie's."

"Oh right...." Her face falls. "Sorry about that."

"Found it quite funny actually." I chuckle. "Besides... hated the clothes picked out for me that tour. Did me a favor really."

"Well then you're welcome." She smiles at me. "Sounds like you owe me."

"You think so yeah?" I pull a cigarette out of my pocket along with a lighter.

The second it's between my lips Ava gives it a sharp tug, throwing it into the bin next to the couch.

"Right. Sorry." I cringe, realizing I was about to light up in front of a pregnant woman.

And not just any pregnant woman...

Harry's bird.

He'd surely try to beat the piss out of me just for having my pack in the same room as her.

"So what is it?" I question as she sits back down next to me. "Perrie put you up to something?"

"No." Ava shakes her head, "Actually was wondering if you could help me out with Harry."

"Harry?" I shift uncomfortably in my seat, suddenly wishing I'd followed the other lads to get some food.

"Yeah. I'm just worried about him is all."

"Why would you be worried? Nothing to be worried about." I shrug, picking up my phone and fumbling it around in my hands.

"I just... I think something's wrong. He won't talk to me about it, keeps coming up with excuses. Seems like he's been talking to you though."

I clear my throat nervously. "No, don't think so."

"I've seen you guys... Off in a corner... Whispering." She sighs, "I'm not blind."

"Right... Well..." My voice fades off as I struggle to come up with a reason. I'm wretched at this sort of thing. Always have been.

"I just want to help if I can."