Chapter 3: "Everything's good."

10 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"How about this one?"

"I don't want to look like a Disney Princess El."

She shrugs as she lays out the magazine, snapping a pic of yet another wedding dress she likes. She's found dozens she loves while I've yet to see one that I would even consider.

I sigh as I toss another magazine onto the coffee table. "I'm never going to find one."

"Don't say that!" El pulls herself up off the floor and flops down on the couch next to me.

"I've been looking for almost a month now. It's hopeless." I whine. "Harry already has almost everything else taken care of and I can't even decide on a dress."

"So let's design one."

"What?" I question as I glance at the numerous bridal magazines covering the coffee table.

"Surely you have something in mind. Tell me what it is and I'll draw it out. About time I made some use of all those uni classes I took."

"That's actually a really good idea." I state, feeling excited about the prospect.

"It's a brilliant idea!" El grins at me, "All we need is a rough draft. Harry can get it to whatever designer you want and they can take it from there."

I nod as El jumps up, running off in search of a notepad. My phone beeps from across the room as my mind goes over what my perfect dress would be.

Pulling myself up off the couch, I grab my phone and smile at the name on the screen.

1 New Text Message
Harry ❤️

~Bout to go on stage. Wish me luck? -H

To Harry: Absolutely. I know I just saw you this morning, but I really miss you.

~Love hearing that. Bloody ridiculous how much I've missed you. You be up when I get in to the hotel? -H

To Harry: Of course ;)

~Ace. I love you. -H xoxo

To Harry: Love you too.

I close my phone with a grin as El walks back into my hotel room.

"That Harry?" She asks as she takes a seat back on the small red couch.

"Mmmmhmmm."

"So how is he taking everything? Louis said Kevin has been raking him over the coals over you two getting married."

"He what?" Confusion overtakes my face as I take a seat next to her.

"Apparently I wasn't supposed to say anything." She cringes. "I figured you knew."

"No, I had no idea. I mean... I expected them to give him a hard time about it. But I also thought he would tell me."

"I'm sure he just doesn't want you to worry about it." El says quickly, "It's really not a big deal."

"It sounds like a big deal."

"It's not. Don't worry about it Ava. Harry can handle Kevin and the rest of those wankers."

"But..."

"No buts!" She shakes her head at me and squeezes my hand, "It will be fine. Now let's focus on this dress alright?"

"Alright." I force a small smile and a nod.

Five hours later we're picking up all the crumpled pieces of paper lying on the floor. There's only one unwrinkled drawing left. And I have no doubt, it's 'the one'.