Chapter 42: "You alright?"

23 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

I look out the window for probably the fortieth time, more then anxious to see him.

Finn's apartment isn't gated, so there's almost a dozen paps swarming the lawn as I peek between the curtains.

The story broke first thing this morning and it's been chaos outside ever since.

I'd glanced through Twitter even though I knew I shouldn't. The rumors were ridiculous. Everything from a crazed ex-girlfriend of Harry's wanting revenge to I had set up the entire thing myself for attention. That I was trying to hurt my baby and they had to forcibly restrain me so I wouldn't.

And then there was a whole other aspect of it... Harry had left the tour. He was missing at least two shows.

Because of me.

I'd thought the harsh remarks and insults I received when we broke up were bad. But they were nothing to the hate I was receiving now.

Numerous headlines were accusing me of breaking up the band. Of getting pregnant on purpose so I could control Harry. That I was ruining not only his career but his life.

It hurt.

I tried to ignore it as I've done in past but I couldn't. I was sick over it. It was all becoming to much.

But I could never let Harry know that. He was already under so much pressure because of me, because of us. I wouldn't add to that.

The noise outside getting louder snaps me out of my thoughts.

A tinge of excitement washes over me when a black cars pulls in and Arthur steps out.

Even under horrible circumstances I can't help but be excited. I've missed him so much these past few weeks.

I can barely see the top of his head as Arthur guides him through the small crowd. So many questions are shouted at him, but as usual he ignores every one.

I step into the foyer as the front door opens and Harry steps inside. Arthur shuts it behind him, staying outside to no doubt try to get everyone off the property.

Our eyes lock as Harry sets his duffle bag on the floor and steps towards me. His scent hits me, making me a bit weak in the knees as he cups my face.

"You alright?" He looks me up and down worriedly, his eyes searching for any apparent injuries.

I nod, reaching my hands up and holding onto his wrists. "I'm fine."

He lets out a quiet sigh as his thumbs rub over my cheeks. Surprising me once again at how such a small act from him soothes me.

A small smile turns the corners of his lips up as his eyes meet mine. "Hiiii."

"Hi." I chuckle softly. He's to cute.

I suck in a breath as he ducks down and kisses me. Slowly moving his lips against my own and making my heart race.

"Love you.." He leans back, looking into my eyes. "God, you're pretty."

"Love you." I smile at him, blushing from his compliment.

"You're really alright?"

"Yes."

"You're both alright?" He questions, resting his hand on my stomach.

"We are."

He pulls me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me tightly. Making me feel safe, truly safe, for the first time in weeks.

"Come on." He lets me go, snatching up my hand and leading me into the living room.

He sits down on the couch, pulling me down with him to sit on his lap then putting his arms around me.

"Fuck I missed you." He mumbles into my hair as he squeezes me gently.

I relax into him, resting my head on his chest. If I could stay like this forever I would. Him holding me... Nothing getting in the way of us. Just being together.

"I missed you too."

"Was so worried love." He sighs, running his hand up and down my back. "If something had happened to you..."

"It didn't." I cut him off. "I'm fine. Really."

"Are you?"

I raise my head, taking in Harry's worried face.

"You can tell me." He goes on. "This is so much more then we both expected. With the car accident and now this... The doctor said no stress. This is... It's bad for the baby. For you. You can be honest with me about it."

"I know." I look down at my hands.

It's true. All this stress and worry isn't good for the baby. Not with a complicated pregnancy.

"I'm gonna do what I have to to make sure you're both safe."

I nod as Harry takes my hand.

"And..." He goes on. "I need to know you'll let me do whatever that may be."

"Which is?.." I look up at him as he frowns.

"For now, I want to take you to Holmes Chapel. I want you to stay with my mum. I want to get you out of London."

"Alright."

"Yeah?" He smiles, looking a bit relieved.

"Yeah, I think it's a good idea."

"Good... Yeah." He nods, pursing his lips in though. "We'll drive up this afternoon. Arthur will come up tomorrow when I leave."

"You're leaving tomorrow?" I ask, trying to not sound disappointed.

"Yeah. I... I'll already be missing two shows."

"You shouldn't of come." I shake my head at the thought of how many hours he'll have spent on a plane to be here for just one day.

"No, I needed to. Needed to see you were alright with my own eyes. Take you somewhere safe myself."

"But.."

"No buts." He kisses my temple. "Man has to take care of his family doesn't he? I love you.. both of you more then anything. You lot come first, everything else is second."

I can't help but smile, wrapping my arms around his neck and giving him a tight hug. I don't deserve him. I know I don't.

But I love him, more then I ever thought possible.

And I trust him.

So I'll do exactly what he wants. Whatever he needs to to keep me and our baby safe.