Chapter 26: "It's a...."

18 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

"What do you want it to be? Boy or girl?"

"Shhh." Harry's eyes widen a bit as they glance down at my stomach, "Can't be choosing sides love. It can hear us.."

"No, it can't." I chuckle, "Not yet."

"Soon?"

"Soon." I nod.

His hand finds mine, fumbling with my fingers as he stands next to me. To excited to sit, practically bouncing off the walls ever since we entered the doctor's office.

I can't help but smile at his cuteness, his thumb rubbing over the back of my hand. Soothingly across my knuckles. Grinning at me, his green eyes lit up in happiness.

God, I've missed him.

"I'm not going to be able to hide my bump much longer." I say quietly, not wanting but knowing this conversation has to happen. This one along with several others.

"Yeah." Harry furrows his eyebrows as he looks me over.

"I've been staying in mostly, figured the less I'm seen the better and...."

"Don't want you feeling like you have to hide." He cuts me off, "Am done with pretending.. lying about everything."

I look down at my feet, avoiding his gaze. I'm still so hurt over what he did.

"Av..." He moves to stand in front of me, gripping my chin gently so I'll look at him. "They know.. I told them."

"What?" My mouth drops open in shock.

"I did, swear it." Harry looks in my eyes, pleading me to believe him, "Last week. Set down with Kevin. Told them about the wedding... the baby. Broke my contract."

"Harry I..."

He shakes his head, knowing exactly what thoughts are running through my mind. "Am not lying. Promise you I'm not."

"You shouldn't have done that.. Harry, I won't have me affecting your career. Not again."

"Already done." He places his hands on my cheeks, his thumb catching the tear running down my face. "Don't cry love.. this is good for us. So good for us."

"But you... and the guys..."

"The lads support my decision. It's not effecting them, not how I was told it would."

I sigh a bit in relief. I was so worried ever since Zayn called and explained everything to me. He said Harry didn't ask him to, that he felt it was only right for me to know everything. I know Harry wanted to tell me himself, but I couldn't hear it from him. Not when everything was still so fresh. Not when I was still falling apart.

"So how is it effecting you?" I question.

"Being sued for quite a bit.. a lot actually."

"Harry..." I grip onto his wrists, holding them softly. I feel horrible.

"Don't." He shakes his head, "If I wasn't such a wanker I would of done it right from the start. It's done. No going back. No wanting to go back. Everything will be alright. Guarantee they won't be kicking me out."

He smirks at me, trying to lighten the mood with his cockiness. "Besides, think you've plenty of money to take care of me in my old age... in your older age."

I narrow my eyes at him while he chuckles. "This isn't funny."

"No, but it's what I want." He sighs, his eyes glancing between my eyes and my lips. "Is... Is it what you want?"