Chapter 38: "For..ever."

21 Weeks Along

-Harry's POV-

I didn't want to go. The thought alone made me sick.

But now sitting at the airport, my knee nervously bobbing up and down as my brain mentally counts down our time together, my hand grasping Ava's small one as she goes on about a new song she's been working on... It's nearly impossible to not just walk out of here, pulling her behind me until we're safely back in the flat.

I love what I do, but sometimes it's just so bloody hard. And it's never been more so then right now. Having to leave her here in London where I can't look after her. Where I can't wake up next to her every morning and fall asleep holding her every night.

Arthur promised to keep her safe which put my mind at ease. That is, until I'm about five minutes from saying goodbye to her. When she's sitting next to me, wearing red skinnies and a jumper that's not doing a lick to hide her belly.

She smiled as she stood in front of the mirror before we left. Her hands tracing over the outline of her very apparent bump. She was happy not having to hide it anymore. We both were. I loved seeing her like this. She was glowing.

Fuck I'll miss her.

"Harry?"

"Hmmm?" I snap out of my daze, realizing I was just staring at her as she talked.

"They called your flight."

"What?" I frown, "No they didn't. Not yet."

"They did."

Just as I start to disagree with her again a women's voice comes over the speakers.

'Now boarding flight 1528 to New York City, New York. Now boarding flight 1538 to New York City, New York.'

"Don't want to go." I sigh, looking over at Ava as she stares down at her hands.

"Don't want you to." She says quietly.

"Hey." I place my hand under her chin so I can look at her face.

If I didn't think I could feel worse, I was wrong. So wrong.

She quickly wipes underneath her eyes, "I promised myself I wouldn't cry."

"Love..." I put my arm around her, pulling her into my chest. "Won't be able to leave you like this."

"I know." She nods, her eyes red. "I'd blame it on the hormones but I'm really going to miss you."

"Love you, so much." I peck her lips before standing up and pulling her out of her seat.

I wrap my arms around her, trying to capture everything about her. How her skin feels against my fingertips, how her hair smells, the sound of her breathing.

"I love you." She smiles up at me, giving me no choice but to kiss her again.

"I'll miss you too." I smile, getting down on one knee and resting my palms on her stomach. "And you. Be good for mum yeah?"

I press a quick kiss to her jumper clad belly, frowning when I see a few girls snapping pictures from across the room.

Can any moment be just ours?

"Just ignore it." Ava smiles at me as I stand back up straight.

"Wish I could." I sigh, placing my hands on her hips. "They're on my flight."

"Just be your charming self then send them on their way. Easy right?"

"Sure." I chuckle, "Easy."

"Snuck something into your bag for you." She raises her eyebrows and grins.

"Yeah?"

"Yup. Just a little something to make your flight better."

"Love you."

"Love you back."

I smile down at her. Fuck she's gorgeous.

After one more hug and a kiss she lightly shoves at my chest.

"Go... I'll start crying again."

"So bossy." I shake my head with a laugh, grabbing my bag off the chair.

I have to force myself to leave her, making my way down the hallway to the plane without looking back.

My fingers fumble with the zipper on my bag, eager to see what present she'd left me.

What I find makes my breath catch in my throat.

A plain white envelope rests on top of my clothes. One that looks familiar.

I step aside, leaning against the wall as I hastily open the seal and pull out the two pieces of paper.

I can hear my heart beat in my ears as I unfold them, praying this means what I think it does.

Two marriages licenses.

Both bearing my signature.

Now having Ava's sprawled out right next to them.

I blink several times, hoping I'm not just imagining it.

A huge grin covers my face as I realize I'm not.

The stewardess yells at me as I jog back down the hallway, leaving my bag on the floor. Clutching the papers that have made me literally the happiest fucking lad alive.

"Ava!" I call her name out the second I step out of the hallway, scanning the room.

A few people still boarding stare at me as I search for her, my eyes finally finding their target.

She grins, standing up from the same seat she was sitting in before. Obviously waiting for me.

She laughs as I jog up to her, throwing her arms around my neck as mine wrap around her waist. Her feet leaving the floor as I lift her a few inches off it.

"Jesus.." I laugh before sealing her lips with mine.

Not giving a fuck who sees us. They can take their bloody pictures. Publish the shite of them for all I care.

The only thing they'll prove is how happy Ava makes me. How in love I am with my wife.

My wife.

"You... Av I..." I shake my head, letting her back down on her feet. "Fuck, can't really thing straight right now. You... we're married? For good?"

"For..ever." She smiles and I swear my heart nearly beats out of my chest.

"Love... I can't.. Jesus, I can't leave you now."

"You can." She chuckles at me. "And you're about to miss your flight."

"Don't care." I peck her lips, knowing I'll never get enough of them. "Got my family back."

"Go." She pushes lightly on my chest as I groan. "Just make sure you come back."

"Course... I'll ring you, soon as I land. You'll answer me? No matter what time it is?" I question, afraid this is all a dream.

"No matter what time it is." She nods repeating my words.

I don't know how many times I say I love you, how many kisses I give her before my name is being called. An attendant insisting I board or they'll push on without me.

I don't know how I force my feet to lead me back down the hallway to the plane, but suddenly I'm sitting down in my seat.

I pull out my phone, typing away with a smile on my face.

@HarryStyles: See you soon New York. London, take care of my girls. xx

_______________________
Double update! Vote if you love Hava as much as I do. ❤️💚💜💙💛