Chapter 18: "What did you do?"

16 Weeks Along

-Ava's POV-

I take my phone off airplane mode as the plane is taxied to the gate, it buzzing numerous times the second I do so.

Thirty two missed calls, four new voicemail messages, and twenty three new text messages.

All from Harry.

The flight was over fourteen hours long. And I'm still just as upset as I was when I boarded the plane.

I waited for him. In the hotel room as long as possible, the lobby calling me multiple times letting me know my taxi was downstairs waiting. I dialed his number multiple times, he didn't answer. By the time I got to the airport I was visibly upset, and not in the mood for the pap that was following me around. Thankfully he was escorted out and I was left to sit waiting to board alone. I sat in the uncomforatble grey chairs until I heard the last call for my flight announced over the loudspeaker.

I expected him to show up. But he didn't.

From the missed call log on my phone, it took him exactly ten minutes after my flight took off to realize how horrible he had been. I listen to one apologetic voice-mail after another as passengers get up around me, pulling their bags out of the overhead bins.

'Av... I... Fuck I'm such a bloody wanker. I'm here, at the airport. You're gone. Can't believe I did that... Fuck I'm sorry. Just ring me alright? I feel terrible. Please Ava... I love you.'

"Ava.. I just wanted you to know how much I love you. I do.. very much. Didn't mean what I said... you don't make things out of nothing. Quite the opposite of that in fact. Shouldn't of spoken to you that way... never should speak to you that way. I'm so sorry love. Please ring me as soon as you land.'

'Just got back from the show. Laying here in bed trying to go to sleep. Won't be happening.. not with how I feel. I know you haven't landed yet, and I'm sounding a bit like a broken record here... But I'm sorry and I love you. Call me yeah?'

'Hey, it's me. Again I know. Thought maybe you'd landed by now... guess not. Really need to hear your voice, make sure you're not hating me. You should be... but I hope you aren't. Really hope you aren't... Fully expect a proper smack across the face when you get back. Deserve it and more I reckon. I love you Av. Ring me soon alright?'

I sigh when the last message plays through, stuffing my phone down into my purse and throwing my bag over my shoulder. I'm the last one to exit the plane, the stewardesses giving me a sympathetic smile. My lack of sleep and upset mood are clearly apparent. I feel disgusting, inside and out. God I wish I could have a drink right now. I guess I can blame that on Harry as well. Probably shouldn't, but right now I don't give a damn. Everything is his fault.

If it wasn't for Poppy, waiting for me outside my gate with a huge smile on her face, I most likely would of ended up crying in an LAX bathroom. She grabs me into a hug quickly before holding me at arms length, a frown overtaking her face.

"What did he do?"

I blow out a long breath as Poppy looks at me sternly. "Ava..."

"What does Harry always do?..." I shake my head, trying to fight off tears. I'm to emotional, crying over this. It's cause I'm pregnant. Which is cause of Harry. Again, his fault.

"Hmmmm." She raises an eyebrow as she takes my bag, "If we're talking Daddy Styles then I would say lying... keeping secrets.. All while flashing you a dimpled grin and making you want to bonk his brains out."

"Precisely."

"I'm sorry love. Thought he was past all that rubbish."

"Me too." I wipe my eyes, cursing the tears slipping out of them, "I just wish he would trust me enough to tell me what's going on."